Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best Compliment a brewer can get  (Read 4627 times)

evil_morty

Re: Best Compliment a brewer can get
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 09:12:22 am »
I think the best compliment is when a fellow home brewer asks for your recipe.

I'll need to start withholding information.  usually homebrewers who try my beer already have access to the recipe.

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 10:30:21 am »
I'll need to start withholding information.

Honestly, that's pointless.  I couldn't care less who has my recipes, because the chances of them exactly replicating my process and results aren't very high.  Usually the only people I know who are worried about sharing recipes are those that think someone else will brew a better beer with them.  ;)

evil_morty

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 10:44:27 am »

Honestly, that's pointless.  I couldn't care less who has my recipes, because the chances of them exactly replicating my process and results aren't very high.  Usually the only people I know who are worried about sharing recipes are those that think someone else will brew a better beer with them.  ;)

it was a joke!  ;)

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 10:56:55 am »

it was a joke!  ;)

I wasn't referring to you.  I know people that are very protective of their recipes.  One pretty much admitted that was why.

evil_morty

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 11:03:14 am »

it was a joke!  ;)

I wasn't referring to you.  I know people that are very protective of their recipes.  One pretty much admitted that was why.

ah - sorry for the confusion.  since you quoted me I thought you were.  I don't withhold anything.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:37:40 am by evil_morty »

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 11:46:25 am »
If someone brewered my recipe, and entered it in a comp against mine, and won, I think that would be cool. Of course I would still take all the credit lol

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 12:29:26 pm »
If someone brewered my recipe, and entered it in a comp against mine, and won, I think that would be cool. Of course I would still take all the credit lol

Hasn't happened to me yet.  Closest was a club brew day where me and another couple guys split a wort and dry hopped and fermented with different yeasts.  Mine outscored the other two by a couple points, but none of them won because the comp was when they were a little past their prime.