Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How to export beer from the US  (Read 1283 times)

Offline santosdiablos

• 1st Kit
How to export beer from the US
« on: October 07, 2015, 02:03:12 pm »
Hello guys!

I am from Costa Rica and I am really interested on importing few cases of different beers here. I have contacted multiple breweries and distributors in the US and they all give me the same information regarding licensing and the three-tier system, it just seems too hard to buy beer and have it exported from the US due to all those regulations. If you have any suggestions or ideas on how I could proceed with it I will appreciate it.

Regards,

David GV

evil_morty

Re: How to export beer from the US
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 02:14:32 pm »
Hello guys!

I am from Costa Rica and I am really interested on importing few cases of different beers here. I have contacted multiple breweries and distributors in the US and they all give me the same information regarding licensing and the three-tier system, it just seems too hard to buy beer and have it exported from the US due to all those regulations. If you have any suggestions or ideas on how I could proceed with it I will appreciate it.

Regards,

David GV

make a friend in the US?

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:03:24 pm »
Generally you will need to purchase through a retailer or a brewery that not only self-distributes but is willing to figure out how to ship beer out of the country as a self-distribution. I do not see many breweries wanting that headache.

Best option is definitely finding a friend in the states with access to the beers you are after.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 04:15:34 pm »
Frankly, you are pointing to the reason for many international mergers and acquisitions - by having large, available distribution networks, the larger breweries offer an opportunity to craft brewers, which together with capital for expansion, puts them in a better position to grow faster...or so they say when they are accused of "selling out"!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"