Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend? 01/18/2014  (Read 42022 times)

Offline alestateyall

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Tommy M.
    • View Profile
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend? 01/18/2014
« Reply #1335 on: July 26, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
Cargill's German Saltzgitter pilsner malt for the 1.005 vs. Bestmalz pils for the 1.012.
I bet that contributed some. I get different efficiencies from different malts. So, stands to reason there would be differences in fermentability also.

Offline 69franx

• Brewmaster General
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 26, 2016, 06:00:17 PM »
Plan is for 10 gallons of saison. Been talking about it for months and it's getting awfully late in the season, but am sure it will be great for fall as well. 5 gallons will get blackberries and 5 will get some fresh picked lemon balm in secondary.  Both will get a 2-1 dose of 3724 to 3711. Fingers crossed, last year's batch with raspberries caught an infection (thinking it was the short freeze for the berries) it's still getting better slowly, but I was advised by Siamese Moose to let it sit until October  (I've had 2 or 3 since he tried it last November) Blackberries have been frozen for over a month. Got a couple interested parties coming over to watch/help out on brewday
Frank Laske
Franx Brew Workz
Fermenting:
Conditioning: GHE via HoosierBrew with 835, German Pilsner Via Brulosopher with 835,  Sour Saison on raspberries and something WILD
In Bottles: N.German Pilsner 2 ways with 835, Doublenut Brown, Evil Twin, Smoked Porter, EBW
In the works: Trad'l Bock, Doppelbock, Bluesman's Pilsner, Ballantine IPA, Saison split between lemon balm & blackberries, Dunkel

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • In the night!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 26, 2016, 06:45:23 PM »
Going to brew a pumpkin oktoberfest again. Last year I liked it so much I think it may be a regular fall beer for me. Basically an oktoberfest with a little pumpkin in the mash and spices at the end of the boil. Good stuff.
None More Black!

Jesse

Offline goschman

• Brewmaster General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 26, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
Going to brew a pumpkin oktoberfest again. Last year I liked it so much I think it may be a regular fall beer for me. Basically an oktoberfest with a little pumpkin in the mash and spices at the end of the boil. Good stuff.

Sounds good. I have been doing pumpkin versions of beers I grew regularly. Last year it was an altbier and this year I think I am going to go with a pumped up version of my brown ale.
On Tap/Bottled:                       
Summer Ale / XPA #6 / Spiced Baltic Porter / Pale Lager

Fermenting: Saison Claire
Up Next: marzen, pumpkin munich brown

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • In the night!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 26, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »

Sounds good. I have been doing pumpkin versions of beers I grew regularly. Last year it was an altbier and this year I think I am going to go with a pumped up version of my brown ale.
Nice. It's good for me because it's a blend of my two favorite fall styles.
None More Black!

Jesse

Offline brewinhard

• Brewmaster General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: Today at 10:50:13 AM »
You just reminded that I have been wanting to try out an Imperial milk stout with pumpkin. Sounds like a chocolate milkshake with an autumn twist to me.