95% Wheat/5% C40 American Ordinary Bitter in the fermenter. Mosaic and Crystal at FWH, 5, and flameout. OG 1038, IBUs 32.
I was going for an APA but efficiency was terrible: 52%. Changed the hop bill after taking preboil gravity reading.
I started this batch in the Picobrew but had to move it to the Grainfather. Picobrew Z1 turned out to have a leaking drain plug which had nothing to do with the crazy malt bill. The leaking drain plug cause the Z1 to have heating errors because it could circulate wort. The drain pump wasn’t getting suction and therefore didn’t work.
So, there was bit of a mess pouring the mash into the GF but I got at least 95% of it in there. The GF made easy work of the 95% wheat malt. The 0.5 pounds of rice hulls may have helped.
This beer is for a internal home brew club competition. I am kind of glad this is the one that had problems because I don’t really care much about it.