Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169174 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2010, 10:01:25 am »
Been meaning to do this for a few months.  I just signed up!

Did it through the Homebrewers Association site.  Am I too expect something from USPS?

I assume they'll mail you your membership card and other stuff, like a list of places that support the pub discount.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2010, 10:25:48 am »
Yeah, they mail you the card and some other stuff.  Took about 6 weeks for me to get mine.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2010, 10:58:15 am »
That long, huh.  Wish I would have done it sooner.  I was thinking about entering the NHC this year.  That's cutting it close if I want a discount.

Offline tygo

• Sterling, VA
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2010, 11:15:28 am »
It took that long to get the actual package.  I received an email confirmation pretty quickly, maybe instantaneously, and I believe it had my membership number in it.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2010, 11:52:29 am »
That long, huh.  Wish I would have done it sooner.  I was thinking about entering the NHC this year.  That's cutting it close if I want a discount.

I doubt that will be an issue.  If it doesn't look like you'll get a member # in time to register, email kathryn@brewersassociation.org and ask her to help ya out.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2010, 12:12:40 pm »
Thanks for the info guys.

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2010, 05:20:42 am »
As tygo stated.... I got an email a few hours after the order with my member number and to confirm shipment.

Sweet!

Offline brewray

• 1st Kit
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2010, 07:57:52 am »
out of work right now. barely have enough extra to scrape together to buy kit[ i show my wife the cost of a kit vs. the price of  1/6 brl of craft beer ] but as soon as i get a job i will join. until then thanks to AHA for allowing us a site to come to and learn and dream.

Offline ullarsskald1989

• Cellarman
  • Brewing since 1974, brewing well since 1975
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2010, 07:09:09 am »
You must be an OLD dog!  Just kidding.   ;D  ;)  Seriously though when did AHA form?  The first time I ever brewed anything was in 1979 and I won't lie it was NASTY but a small glass or two would take you where no 12 pack could.   ;D :-[  Maybe if there would have been some literature available and/or publicity about homebrewing back then I would have stuck with it.   :-\

=) There are days I feel not just older than dirt, but old enough to remember the rocks from which came the dirt.

I brewed my 1st batch in July, 1974: Blue Ribbon malt syrup, cane sugar, bread yeast...all to the Prohibition era recipe that "Lena" included on the backside of the can label.  My fermenter was a 5-gal frosting bucket from Dunkin Donuts.  The beer, was, awful!

I got better, because soon after I found a copies of "Guide to Better Wine and Beer Making for Beginners" by SM Tritton (Dover Books edition of 1969) and "The Art of Making Beer" by Stanley F Anderson and Raymond Hull (Hawthorn Books edition of 1971).  My brewing/vintning bookshelf is about 12 running feet in length now.

Hops, boiling, better sanitation...who da thunk it?
Today is a good day; to learn, to do, to love, to be...

(Ale - 1974, Wine - 1975, Mead - 1983)

Steven P Robinson, AHA Member #175298

Offline smokeeater

• 1st Kit
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2010, 02:46:15 pm »
My first post...

I am now a member, and waiting on my card so I can get registered for NHC!! ;D
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2010, 03:39:58 pm »
My first post...

You shouldn't need to wait for your card.  You'll get an email shortly that has your membership number in it.
Joe

Offline smokeeater

• 1st Kit
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »
My first post...

You shouldn't need to wait for your card.  You'll get an email shortly that has your membership number in it.

I checked all the emails, and I can't find the number.  The only number I can find is the "order number", but it's only 5 digits.

Offline smokeeater

• 1st Kit
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »
My first post...

I checked all the emails, and I can't find the number.  The only number I can find is the "order number", but it's only 5 digits.

Never mind...found it! ;D

Offline boognishlager

• 1st Kit
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2010, 08:49:43 pm »
out of work right now. barely have enough extra to scrape together to buy kit[ i show my wife the cost of a kit vs. the price of  1/6 brl of craft beer ] but as soon as i get a job i will join. until then thanks to AHA for allowing us a site to come to and learn and dream.

I'm in the same boat. I am out of work right now and my girlfriend won't let me spend more money than we need to. Right now I am waiting on my first batch to finish, it's in the bottles now. I know this isn't the topic for that subject though, but I'm just so anxious to pop the top on that first bottle.

Offline Hokerer

• Manassas, VA
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2010, 07:19:23 am »
Right now I am waiting on my first batch to finish, it's in the bottles now. I know this isn't the topic for that subject though, but I'm just so anxious to pop the top on that first bottle.

One word of advice: patience!  It's the hardest part, especially with your first batch, about homebrewing.  The waiting can seem like it's gonna kill ya.
Joe