Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169604 times)

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2012, 04:44:13 pm »
The cards actually mail every 2-3 weeks.  If you've been waiting much more than that, I'd suggest contacting our Member Services staff to make sure we have your correct contact information: info@brewersassociation.org; 888-822-6273.

We send a list of new and renewing members to our printer every two weeks (minimum). If there's a big group, we'll send it out at the end of the week.

You should have your card in 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for joining the AHA!

Thanks. I just got a Zymurgy in the mail today so I imagine the card isn't far behind.
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline mosgood

• 1st Kit
  • @reviewbrews
    • Review Brews
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »
Getting Zymurgy alone is worth it, then I do use the pub discounts a lot, saving more than the price of the membership I'm sure.

Agreed. I'm new to the AHA and have been pleased with the magazine, the recipes, and the enthusiasm on the boards. I'm looking forward to sharing pics, recipes and advice to reciprocate what I've received.

Cheers.
In fridge: Half Baked (Session IPA brewed on 4/20)
Aging: Ivan Drago Russian Imperial Stout aged w/ whiskey soaked oak chips (October?)
Up next: Honey Apricot Wheat

Offline gerald_weigel

• 1st Kit
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2012, 08:53:57 pm »
I too recently joined. This last year has seen me get back into the hobby after a long hiatus, and seeing all the press about the taproom bill here in MN and the changes over in WI I wanted to get on board to help efforts like those.

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »
I too recently joined. This last year has seen me get back into the hobby after a long hiatus, and seeing all the press about the taproom bill here in MN and the changes over in WI I wanted to get on board to help efforts like those.

Welcome to the obsession!
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline rjberry

• Cellarman
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »
I just started brewing last summer and this year for my birthday my wife bought me the membership (good wife!).  It's already worth it.  There is a lot of free information out there, but there is a lot of GOOD information here.  Figure there are magazine subscriptions alone that cost what the membership here costs and that's an easy way to justify it.
“We’re not here for the game. The game is nothing. The game is crap. The game makes me sick. The real reason we Americans put up with sports is for this: Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise.” - Homer Simpson

Offline PeckerWood

• 1st Kit
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:17 pm »
I finally joined after debating over a year and finally said screw it, this is what I love, this is my passion, and I'm going to be doing it for a lifetime; so I'll join for a lifetime. I'll even add my best friend, wife, and brother to the list, so we can all go out the the local Iron Hill and save a few bucks every time.  It's always a good time, and now I have more incentive to go out for a few new craft beers. Maybe I'll find a little inspiration for what the next batch will be. This is a good cause and I stand for it.
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer."
~Henry Lawson

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »
I finally joined after debating over a year and finally said screw it, this is what I love, this is my passion, and I'm going to be doing it for a lifetime; so I'll join for a lifetime. I'll even add my best friend, wife, and brother to the list, so we can all go out the the local Iron Hill and save a few bucks every time.  It's always a good time, and now I have more incentive to go out for a few new craft beers. Maybe I'll find a little inspiration for what the next batch will be. This is a good cause and I stand for it.

Welcome to the forum.  You from Philly?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline PeckerWood

• 1st Kit
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You from Philly?

Hello!  Yes, well I live just north of Philly, but I actually work in the PHL airport as a bartender in Terminal F.  I run into a lot of homebrews there!
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer."
~Henry Lawson

Offline jkeeler

• Cellarman
    • BSG
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2012, 12:52:46 pm »
Thought I'd share my thoughts on being a member:

Did you know the American Homebrewers Association just turned 34?  Do you know how important this organization has been not only to homebrewing, but to the emergence of the craft beer movement?
http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/community/news/show?title=hoppy-birthday-aha

I'm proud to serve as the Chairperson of the AHA Governing Committee.  In fact, I'm working on AHA stuff today!  As a member of the AHA, I enjoy all the benefits like pub discounts and Zymurgy magazine...but more importantly I have seen first hand the important work the AHA does in states where homerbewing is still illegal, and/or where the rights of homebrewers need to be defended.

If you are a homebrewer, please become a member.  The work of the AHA does not only help promote a better future for homebrewing, but a better future for great beer in general.

Cheers..and happy b-day AHA.
Better then a dull stick in the eye

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
AHA Membership
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2012, 06:45:50 pm »
I'd like to echo the last post from Jake.

Happy Birthday AHA!

This organization has really given back to the community in so many ways. I'm very proud to serve on the AHA Governing Committee with Jake and all of the outstanding members of this committee. We are are working hard together to make this organization the best of its kind.

Being an AHA member makes me proud. I enjoy all of the benefits and the interaction that I have with the membership, whether it's through a local competition or even right here on this great forum.

Join the AHA and help us make this organization even better!
Ron Price

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2012, 07:13:27 am »
Happy Birthday AHA!

Are these guys going to play at the birthday party?

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2012, 10:45:53 am »
Happy Birthday AHA!

Are these guys going to play at the birthday party?

Good question...but I doubt it. Quite fitting at any rate. :)
Ron Price

Offline jds357

• Cellarman
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2013, 12:12:34 am »
I have already paid for the membership ten times over with all of the discounts I get from it.  So... YES it is worth it. 

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2013, 01:59:33 pm »
i just joined....looking forward to being a member..thanks to Denny for referring me.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
i just joined....looking forward to being a member..thanks to Denny for referring me.

You won't regret it, man.  Besides the perks you get, you help support the hobby and the AHA's efforts to make homebrewing legal in every state and keep craft beer available.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell