Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169690 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2013, 09:29:50 am »
My fiancé and I both have AHA memberships. I believe that they are valid until 2016 or something like that.

When it's up for renewal, we are going with the Lifetime membership. Do we get a cool sticker for that?? :P

You get to stick-around with cool homebrewers for the rest of your life!   ;D
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:12 am »
Okay, I did it.  I felt the urge for a while now and I finally signed up.  I am an AHA member!

I thought I felt a disturbance in The Force.   ;D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2013, 11:47:56 am »
I don't usually say this, but... lol!
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #288 on: October 17, 2013, 12:20:20 pm »
My fiancé and I both have AHA memberships. I believe that they are valid until 2016 or something like that.

When it's up for renewal, we are going with the Lifetime membership. Do we get a cool sticker for that?? :P

Maybe you could get each other Lifetime memberships as wedding gifts?
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2013, 11:05:55 am »

A household lifetime membership is only $100 more than a single.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2013, 11:18:25 am »
A household lifetime membership is only $100 more than a single.
Yeah...but she doesn't need to know that  ;D
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline brick pig

• Cellarman
  • Liberal Elitist
    • Brick Pig
« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:28 am »
I've been lurking around these forums for years, but just this week finally joined the AHA.
--Monty

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06:32 pm »
Good on ya and welcome!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline grainman

• 1st Kit
« Reply #293 on: December 20, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »
I am new to the forum and newly joined the AHA. It's already nice to have access to zymurgy and when I get my member card I can take advantage of a few discounts (although GA doesn't really have a whole lot of participation). I'm kind of jealous that most of the rallies and discounts are out west, but maybe some cool stuff will eventually come eastbound.How can I "persuade" some of the finer beer drinking establishments here in the Atlanta area to get on board with the AHA discount program? I know a lot of places that have craft beer events all the time, but most do not show any support for the AHA, which seems counter productive to me. :)

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #294 on: December 31, 2013, 07:33:30 am »
Last day to join or renew at the old rates!!!  I just renewed for 3 years, so I'm good until 6/30/17.

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #295 on: December 31, 2013, 07:57:37 am »
+1
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #296 on: December 31, 2013, 08:19:11 am »
I am new to the forum and newly joined the AHA. It's already nice to have access to zymurgy and when I get my member card I can take advantage of a few discounts (although GA doesn't really have a whole lot of participation). I'm kind of jealous that most of the rallies and discounts are out west, but maybe some cool stuff will eventually come eastbound.How can I "persuade" some of the finer beer drinking establishments here in the Atlanta area to get on board with the AHA discount program? I know a lot of places that have craft beer events all the time, but most do not show any support for the AHA, which seems counter productive to me. :)

welcome aboard!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »

Greetings and welcome to the AHA! I'm glad to hear that you have already started enjoying some of the benefits of being a member. We are always looking to increase participation in the AHA Member Deals program, and as you can imagine there are great breweries and craft beer bars popping up all over the place. Feel free to send me an email with suggested participants for the program. It always helps to hear from the AHA members where they would like to see offers coming from.

In addition to my attempts at getting new businesses on board, AHA members can help spread the word by talking to tap room or bar managers at their local establishments about the program. There is a whole page dedicated to the AHA Member Deals Program on the AHA site under "Business Tools".

Here business owners can find information about the program, the AHA, and a list of promotional benefits for participating in the program.
Steve Parr
Assistant Director
American Homebrewers Association

Offline deathlylost

• Cellarman
    • 1000 Bottles of Beer
« Reply #298 on: March 10, 2014, 12:54:01 pm »
Besides supporting all the great work the AHA does, Zymurgy magazine alone is worth it. But I also get the discounts at my local Gordon Biersch; I get a free beer every time I visit. How can you go wrong with that?

Offline Al

• 1st Kit
« Reply #299 on: April 05, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »
Been a member for a while. I don't get much chance on any discounts living where I do, but I dig the mag and the whole AHA mission, as well as being a member of THE community of brewers!

For some reason I haven't used this forum in the past, but I'm going to start now. I know Denny and surely some others in here know me as al_bob on the BlueBoard.

Cheers!
Don't panic, it's organic!