Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169686 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2014, 12:58:29 pm »
Been a member for a while. I don't get much chance on any discounts living where I do, but I dig the mag and the whole AHA mission, as well as being a member of THE community of brewers!

For some reason I haven't used this forum in the past, but I'm going to start now. I know Denny and surely some others in here know me as al_bob on the BlueBoard.

Cheers!

AL!  Great to see ya here.  Welcome!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Al

• 1st Kit
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2014, 08:28:44 pm »
Thanks, man. I finally have one of those beers to send you that I promised. The batch I promised originally didn't come out quite right.

This is the 2nd attempt on it this year and the one I have now is better than the one a month ago. Both were ok, but I was 10 points below my recipe on both. I think I got a batch of old malt from a friend. Luckily it was only enough for those two beers. I'll choose my own from now on!

It's the fruity one using Belma, Citra, and Amarillo, with Chinook bittering.

Still not as good as last year, but I'll be tweaking it. Give me a shout and I'll send it out to you.
Don't panic, it's organic!

Offline Twisteddigit

• 1st Kit
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »
New here.  I've been brewing for the last 10 years.  I took a break for a while but got back into it with a vengeance about a year ago (finally bit the bullet on some new stainless gear).  I just joined the AHA.  I don't know what took me so long.  But I was reading Papazian's Microbrewed Adventures on vacation (which I really enjoyed) and made a point to join when I got back.  So here I am.  So it looks like membership gets you access a lot of great resources, especially the forums and Zymurgy.

Happy to be here!  8)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2014, 03:04:56 pm »
New here.  I've been brewing for the last 10 years.  I took a break for a while but got back into it with a vengeance about a year ago (finally bit the bullet on some new stainless gear).  I just joined the AHA.  I don't know what took me so long.  But I was reading Papazian's Microbrewed Adventures on vacation (which I really enjoyed) and made a point to join when I got back.  So here I am.  So it looks like membership gets you access a lot of great resources, especially the forums and Zymurgy.

Happy to be here!  8)

Great to have you here!  FWIW, forum access is not dependent on membership.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2014, 06:42:39 pm »
Hugs from Denny are though...

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2014, 09:12:18 am »
Hugs from Denny are though...

Dude, I'll hug ALMOST anybody!  ;)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2014, 09:16:35 am »

Except in cases where the restraining order applies.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2014, 09:59:57 am »

Except in cases where the restraining order applies.

well, yeah. there's that....

www.dennybrew.com

Offline vnzjunk

• 1st Kit
Re: AHA Membership benefits ???
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2014, 09:30:51 am »
Hello

I am not a member yet of AHA but am considering it at the present time. I was particularly interested in the downloadable archives from past convention presentations but the system would not let me access just the listing of what is available for download.

Can someone please tell me if All or just some of the presentations are available.

Thanks in advance

I'm just curious how many of you have an AHA membership. Do you use the benefits that come with the membership? I do not currently, but will most likely get one soon. Its good to support the AHA community and its efforts!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2014, 04:06:20 pm »
Most of the ones from last year are available. Some transcripts from earlier years. I believe all of this years will be available.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline vnzjunk

• 1st Kit
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2014, 04:08:09 pm »
Thanks for that info

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2014, 09:30:56 pm »
You also get access to back issues of zymurgy online. They've scanned at least a decades worth. That's pretty cool.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: AHA Membership benefits ???
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2014, 06:16:38 am »
Hello

I am not a member yet of AHA but am considering it at the present time. I was particularly interested in the downloadable archives from past convention presentations but the system would not let me access just the listing of what is available for download.

Can someone please tell me if All or just some of the presentations are available.

Thanks in advance

I'm just curious how many of you have an AHA membership. Do you use the benefits that come with the membership? I do not currently, but will most likely get one soon. Its good to support the AHA community and its efforts!

The slide shows and audio recordings will be available. The way you can listen to the talk and hear what was not on the slide, and get Q&A.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:19:42 am by hopfenundmalz »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline CroceBrewing

• Cellarman
  • So many craft beers to try, so little time
    • For the Love of Brew
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:59 am »

My wife and I just joined this past week, and went to a very cool AHA rally last night at Sam Adams. Already we're enjoying the member benefits. If you're an active homebrewer, joining is definitely a good move, not only from an informational and networking standpoint, but as a way to support something that -- for many of us -- is more obsession than hobby.  :)

Been reading about the AHA's origins, and these guys have been doing great work advocating for homebrewers since the late 1970s, when there were probably only a few thousand homebrewers in the entire country. Now, there are more than a million!

After less than a week, I'm already seeing the benefits of the nominal membership fee. Free admission to the rally alone last night pretty much paid for our membership.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:02:07 am by CroceBrewing »
"You've never really had a beer until you've had your first homebrew."

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2014, 07:30:35 am »
Welcome CroceBrewing!!  Every year I say I'm going to make that rally, but getting down to Boston on a Thursday after work from NH is a pain.  Maybe next year!

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------