Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169038 times)

Offline CroceBrewing

• Cellarman
  • So many craft beers to try, so little time
    • For the Love of Brew
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2014, 08:50:58 am »
Welcome CroceBrewing!!  Every year I say I'm going to make that rally, but getting down to Boston on a Thursday after work from NH is a pain.  Maybe next year!
Thanks! Very honored to be an AHA member. I came down from Peabody for the rally, and traffic was pretty brutal. But AHA put on a good event, and Sam Adams has always been very good to homebrewers. I even went home with a growler of their experimental Double Pils. Interesting beer with big flavors and a high (8.7%) ABV. At just 10 bucks for the growler, though, it was well worth the price.  :)
"You've never really had a beer until you've had your first homebrew."

Offline markpotts

• Cellarman
« Reply #316 on: July 24, 2014, 08:22:10 am »
I'm in sunny old England and joined a few weeks ago :)
The on line access to the old editions of Zymurgy were the deal clincher for me.
One day I hope to get over to your side of the pond for a 'beer trip' for which the pub discount thing will come in useful, culminating with a visit to the GABF.
Yorkshire, England

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #317 on: July 24, 2014, 08:37:44 am »
welcome mark!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline markpotts

• Cellarman
« Reply #318 on: July 24, 2014, 09:32:29 am »
welcome mark!
Thank you mort, I am pleased to be here :)
Yorkshire, England

Offline karlweese22

• 1st Kit
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2014, 06:38:24 am »
I'm just curious how many of you have an AHA membership. Do you use the benefits that come with the membership? I do not currently, but will most likely get one soon. Its good to support the AHA community and its efforts!

Not a member. Just joined the forum and I'm a complete noob in brewing. I actually don't know much except from watching my big bro a couple years back but he's overseas at the moment and barely able to contact him for advice.  I'll most likely become a member in the future though but till then I'd have to get the basics.  Do you have any links or threads you can suggest?

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2014, 06:51:13 am »
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline scotts87

• 1st Kit
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2014, 03:16:27 pm »
I've only been a brand new member since yesterday, but I already saved about $6.50 on my purchase at a member home-brew store here in the Houston Texas area! Woohoo :)

Happy to be a member, and I have yet to even start my first batch. Still reading up before I jump in  ;D

-Scott

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2014, 03:23:24 pm »
I've only been a brand new member since yesterday, but I already saved about $6.50 on my purchase at a member home-brew store here in the Houston Texas area! Woohoo :)

Happy to be a member, and I have yet to even start my first batch. Still reading up before I jump in  ;D

-Scott

Welcome Scott !
Jon H.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #323 on: December 27, 2014, 11:05:58 am »

-Scott

welcome! way to leverage the membership.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline JMaskel

• 1st Kit
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2015, 09:31:35 am »
Brewed my first batch a month ago and have been hooked ever since.  The next logical step was to join the AHA for the great perks and support. 

I am proud to be a member and can't wait to absorb all the knowledge that the homebrewing community has to offer.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:00 am »
Brewed my first batch a month ago and have been hooked ever since.  The next logical step was to join the AHA for the great perks and support. 

I am proud to be a member and can't wait to absorb all the knowledge that the homebrewing community has to offer.

wonderful! I can't wait to see how you contribute to the community!
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline YooperBrew

• Cellarman
  • Beer Geek
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2015, 08:29:12 am »
I joined the AHA in 2008.  Where I live there aren't any perks to speak of- no discounts or participating homebrew stores- but it's still a worthwhile organization and I do enjoy reading Zymurgy.

Offline f.stepanski

• 1st Kit
  • I'm a beer drinker with a woodturning problem
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2015, 10:03:37 pm »
I'e brewed six batches since joining; Though it would be SWEET I'm not looking for a six digit salary for brewing beer.  I've found a community who openly share that which they have learned in order to grow.  AHA Rocks!!
Black IPA & Hefeweizen on draft, fermenting an APA...

Offline akwarmike

• 1st Kit
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2015, 01:45:42 am »
I'm just curious how many of you have an AHA membership. Do you use the benefits that come with the membership? I do not currently, but will most likely get one soon. Its good to support the AHA community and its efforts!

Just signed back up after several year hiatus.  Been brewing since 1998, not a whole lot of benefits up here in Alaska but I do like Zymurgy to read and plan on being down south more in the coming years.
Homebrewing since 1998

On Tap: Zero Dark Thirty (Cascadian Dark Ale)
Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Next Up: Banane Hängematte (Bavarian Hefeweizen)

BEER IS PROOF GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY - Ben Franklin

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2015, 05:16:30 am »
I'e brewed six batches since joining; Though it would be SWEET I'm not looking for a six digit salary for brewing beer.  I've found a community who openly share that which they have learned in order to grow.  AHA Rocks!!
The hobby is full of sharing people that want to improve the quality of homebrewed beer. That is good since those 6 figure brewing jobs are extremely rare.   ;)

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!