Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169042 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2016, 12:14:09 pm »
I learned the game.let expire and offers come in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken, I think that hat looks about 2 srm darker than it should be.  Are you really happy with that?
Not happy at all. It tastes like its 30srm

Funny stuff. I wish my helles tasted a couple SRM darker. Can't have it all.   :)
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2016, 03:24:29 pm »
I learned the game.let expire and offers come in!

Ken, I think that hat looks about 2 srm darker than it should be.  Are you really happy with that?
Not happy at all. It tastes like its 30srm

Funny stuff. I wish my helles tasted a couple SRM darker. Can't have it all.   :)

Just post a picture as I am sure it will look darker then.

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2016, 10:18:31 pm »
Member for ~3yrs now.  Well worth it in my situation(live in Denver) discounts at breweries have a easy payed for membership including $5 off merchandise at breweries.  Great promos when signing up as well, free books, grains, etc. also, most comps require membership

Offline M-O-O-N That spells beer!

• Assistant Brewer
  • South Jersey
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2016, 08:39:14 pm »
Member for ~3yrs now.  Well worth it in my situation(live in Denver) discounts at breweries have a easy payed for membership including $5 off merchandise at breweries.  Great promos when signing up as well, free books, grains, etc. also, most comps require membership

I'll have to agree. Great promos when signing up. This year, I got a lb of PBW and (hopefully) an AHA cap!

I spend $43 a year on membership and go to Iron Hill Brewery (in South Jersey), where I receive a 20% discount on beer and food! In a couple of visits, I get my investment paid back!

Cheers!
Na zdrowie!

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2016, 08:52:26 pm »

I'll have to agree. Great promos when signing up. This year, I got a lb of PBW and (hopefully) an AHA cap!

I spend $43 a year on membership and go to Iron Hill Brewery (in South Jersey), where I receive a 20% discount on beer and food! In a couple of visits, I get my investment paid back!

Cheers!

Yes, you are doing it right!

It pays for itself if you think about it. We kick ourselves when we don't take advantage. Mrs. R has the app on her phone, sometimes we don't look. Bad on our part.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #350 on: May 22, 2016, 04:13:09 pm »

Cheers!

It pays for itself if you think about it. We kick ourselves when we don't take advantage. Mrs. R has the app on her phone, sometimes we don't look. Bad on our part.

What app does she have? I have the zymurgy app but that's only for the magazine and I haven't seen an AHA app for looking up discounts

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2016, 06:16:55 am »

Cheers!

What app does she have? I have the zymurgy app but that's only for the magazine and I haven't seen an AHA app for looking up discounts
Ah, I had to ask her as she had called it an app, but it is just a shortcut on her phone to the information on the AHA page.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:11 am »

Cheers!

Ah, I had to ask her as she had called it an app, but it is just a shortcut on her phone to the information on the AHA page.
Gotcha. That's what I have to do, would be great if they did have an app though

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2016, 10:35:24 am »
I am looking to purchase an AHA membership on Amazon since I have a gift card. It is not resold so it is sold directly by AHA. Is there a way to still get the promotional hops that are currently being offered? Is there a way to get the eZymurgy only option?
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2016, 11:35:47 am »
I am looking to purchase an AHA membership on Amazon since I have a gift card. It is not resold so it is sold directly by AHA. Is there a way to still get the promotional hops that are currently being offered? Is there a way to get the eZymurgy only option?

You would not be able to enter the promo code when redeaming a gift card purchased from Amazon, and the Digital-Only membership is not available via Amazon.  Your best option would be to buy a Digital-Only membership from HomebrewersAssociation.org and enter the promo code for the offer with your purchase. 
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #355 on: June 17, 2016, 11:54:10 am »
Bummer. Thanks
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline BrewingBrian

• 1st Kit
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09ji3_vkMFCVkIkY
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2017, 02:46:36 pm »
I just joined! There is so much information and so little time!!

Offline PharmBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Homebrewing Pharmacist
    • Havencrest Home Brewery
« Reply #357 on: April 15, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »
I keep forgetting to take advantage of the discount.  I am happy at being a member to support the efforts.
Jim
Havencrest Home Brewery - 5 Liter/BIAB
Member: Beaverton Homebrew Club, Oregon Mainbrew Guild, AHA
"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Blaise Pascal

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #358 on: November 28, 2017, 01:55:16 pm »
Hey Forum Friends,

I wanted to post a thank you to all of you who are AHA members, the AHA Forum couldn't exist without you!

For those of you who have not yet joined up or perhaps have let your membership lapse, we could use your support now to hit our year-end membership goal.  The AHA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting homebrewing.  Membership is by far our largest source of revenue, so joining the AHA is the best way you can show your support for the organization and this Forum.

Plus, now happens to be a great time to join, since we have our annual Give the Gift of membership promotion going on through the end of the year. (Note to current members: you can use this deal to extend your membership.)   

Here’s the deal: when you purchase a 1-year membership gift card, you get to choose a free gift to go with it.

The free gift options are …

•   Stainless steel AHA-branded tumbler/koozie (why have cold hands and warm beer when you can have warm hands and cold beer?!  I actually have one of these and I love it.) 
•   Brewing Local: American-Grown Beer by Stan Hieronymus.  ‘Nuff said.
•   For the Love of Hops by Stan Hieronymus. Essential for any brewer’s library whether you’re a hophead or not.

The member cards are $43. Each free gift is a $20 value. You can order for a friend OR give yourself an early Christmas present. AHA member benefits include:

•   One-year subscription to Zymurgy magazine
•   Discounts at 1,800+ Member Deals locations, including pubs and homebrew shops
•   eZymurgy online magazine and app (and archives going back to the year 2000)
•   Seminar recordings from previous Homebrew Cons
•   Winning recipes from the National Homebrew Competition
•   Exclusive invitation to events such as the National Homebrew Competition and Homebrew Con
•   And much more!

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/gift-membership/

Cheers!

Gary

P.S. The promo runs through Dec. 31 -- but you’ll want to order by Dec. 12 for holiday delivery.

P.P.S. Those who activate their gift cards by December 31 will be entered to win a complete Brewers Publications dream library—49 titles valued at over $1000.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline noiz2

• 1st Kit
« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2018, 07:29:16 pm »
I have been a member at various times.  I joined way back when.  Same time I bought the Joy of Home Brewing (it was folded and stapled and not too thick).  Either the book or the membership came with a "Relay, Don't Worry, Have a Homebrew" bumpersticker.  Then I didn't brew for a bunch of years and then I did and rejoined.  The incentive is mixed here since there are just very few places that have member deals around me.  But the magazine is pretty good and the AHA managed to get all 50 states legal so...  Next home distilling!

OK so I answered "no" because at this moment I'm a lapsed member but that will change in about a month.