Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anyone brewing today 10/10/15?  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Rattlesnake44

• Assistant Brewer
Anyone brewing today 10/10/15?
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:14:19 am »
Just lit the fire! Brewing an American Pale Ale today. Going to be the start of a series of single hop pales I'm doing to try and nail down different hop characteristics.

Offline TexasHumuluslupulushead

• Assistant Brewer
  • Austin Zealot
Re: Anyone brewing today 10/10/15?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:19:08 am »
Right on!  Brew day always a good day
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.    -- Dean Martin

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:46:10 am »
Not today, but in the next week I'm brewing a rye pils and an IPA.  The IPA will be a test of X17 experimental organic hops that I got ahold of.  They're a Magnum/Cascade cross and have a lot of tangerine/lemon/lime to them.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:00:12 am »
Not today, but in the next week I'm brewing a rye pils and an IPA.  The IPA will be a test of X17 experimental organic hops that I got ahold of.  They're a Magnum/Cascade cross and have a lot of tangerine/lemon/lime to them.
Wow I want some

Offline Rattlesnake44

• Assistant Brewer
Anyone brewing today 10/10/15?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:06:36 am »
Those sound delicious sir.
I'm starting this series with Cascades.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 11:13:56 am »
I'd love to get my hands on those. Do you know who is developing it (YCR, Haas, HBC, etc.)? Does it go by any other name? I'll have to keep a close eye on my usual sources and snap some up if it becomes available.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 11:17:43 am »
No brewing here, I'm taking a dynamics midterm. It's killing me, the weather is perfect!
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 11:22:03 am »
I'd love to get my hands on those. Do you know who is developing it (YCR, Haas, HBC, etc.)? Does it go by any other name? I'll have to keep a close eye on my usual sources and snap some up if it becomes available.

Yeah, those sound nice.
Jon H.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 12:04:26 pm »
Wow I want some

Hoping they'll be available commercially next year.  A brewery I consult for got 10 lb. and gave me 1/2 lb. to play with.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 12:05:20 pm »

Much smaller scale...it's a grower named Pat Levy.  At this point, X17 is all it's called.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 12:13:41 pm »

Much smaller scale...it's a grower named Pat Levy.  At this point, X17 is all it's called.
It's great to hear that the little guys are able to do some innovation as well. Hopefully the resources are there to scale up production if it's a winner.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline mharding73

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 01:51:34 pm »
I'm gonna do a Dr Rudi. Mosaic and galaxy pale ale.  Never used the Rudi.  Going all 3 at WP and dry hop. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »

It's great to hear that the little guys are able to do some innovation as well. Hopefully the resources are there to scale up production if it's a winner.

Here's some info about the grower...

http://cfgrower.com/oregon-hop-grower-pat-leavy-influences-organic-hops-production/

http://thebrewstorian.tumblr.com/post/90067772386/my-trip-to-the-farm-meeting-patrick-leavy-and-the

http://theoregonhophouse.com/expertise.html

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 10:29:49 pm »
As I write I'm brewing a Brown Porter--got 15 more minutes of boiling. It's after midnight, the wife and kids are asleep, I'm sampling a dunkleweisen, and I'll be beyond tired tomorrow. But I'm happy.

This will be my second porter this fall: brewed a smoked robust porter but am looking forward to a more traditional version.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 06:20:25 am »
Will be brewing my first California Common in many years tomorrow.  Then saving the yeast for a large baltic porter.  Should be a beautiful day here for Colombus Day.