Any spirits at 140 proof or higher would be sufficient, but as Mark mentioned that gets to be cost prohibitive.
Ethanol is slightly less effective than isopropanol. From what I understand, the additives in isopropynol are sucrose octaacetate and denatonum benzoate. Both of these compounds are bittering agents to dissuade people from drinking the stuff. Ethanol is a also toxin. We just to do not recognize it as one. Ethanol is broken down into acetaldehyde by the human body. Acetaldehyde damages human tissue.
This post makes remember reading a piece on why beer is an acquired taste. Humans are naturally programmed to reject bitter tasting substances because most bitter things in nature are poisonous.
As my wife likes to say, everything, including water, is toxic in high enough quantities.