Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Charleston, SC  (Read 1289 times)

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
Charleston, SC
« on: October 08, 2015, 09:38:56 pm »
What's the beer scene like in Charleston? I'll be there the 19th- 23rd of October.

How is the flooding in that part of the state?
- Charles

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Re: Charleston, SC
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:51:31 am »
I was there in August.  No idea on the flooding.  There is a brewery called Palmetto Brewing that has a nice Amber Ale and there was also a nice beer (that I found in cans) called Sky Blue which was a Kolsch, IIRC.  We also stopped into a restaurant my wife found called "Slightly North of Broad" (Broad Street is one of the main streets) and the restaurant goes by the moniker of SNOB.  Really cool place and delicious food.  My wife and I got shrimp and grits which was really good.  We also took a ferry out to Fort Sumpter and there is a really cool street market kind of thing down near all the horse stables in town (for horse-drawn carriages).  Near that market is a good BBQ place called Queology.  They have some decent beers there as well.  A cool city for sure and I had never been there.  We used it as a hub for a trip out to one of the low-country islands (Fripp Island).  There is also a cool old-school plantation called Magnolia (20-30 ride from Charleston) that was fun too.  Cheers.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.