Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Go Canucks!  (Read 2100 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Go Canucks!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 09:16:24 pm »
I'll admit, I'm biased. I have little good to say about the NFL.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 10:31:57 pm »
I may be newbie oblivious.  Agreed that hockey isnt full of perfect angels, but it seems to not be as cool to be bad.

Wiki shows > 40 NFL football players convicted but NHL is only 9.
um, being the bad guy on the team is kind of a thing.
You know what they say Pete: I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out. They are really "trying" to curb/end fighting nowadays, but it's great to watch a sport where it is expected to stand your ground as well as stand up for your team mates
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 05:41:06 am »
I may be newbie oblivious.  Agreed that hockey isnt full of perfect angels, but it seems to not be as cool to be bad.

Wiki shows > 40 NFL football players convicted but NHL is only 9.
um, being the bad guy on the team is kind of a thing.
You know what they say Pete: I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out. They are really "trying" to curb/end fighting nowadays, but it's great to watch a sport where it is expected to stand your ground as well as stand up for your team mates
Nothing against hockey, its a great sport, one of my favorites when I used to watch sports. I'm just saying there is just as much bad behavior as in any other major sport so I think its unfair to call NFL players thugs but say hockey players are OK. Anytime you give young men a ton of money, put them on a pedestal and make excuses for their behavior you have trouble whether it be athletes or music stars like Justin Beiber. As far as number of convictions go I think there are way more NFL than NHL players due to roster size. 
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 07:49:50 am »
Nothing against hockey, its a great sport, one of my favorites when I used to watch sports. I'm just saying there is just as much bad behavior as in any other major sport so I think its unfair to call NFL players thugs but say hockey players are OK. Anytime you give young men a ton of money, put them on a pedestal and make excuses for their behavior you have trouble whether it be athletes or music stars like Justin Beiber. As far as number of convictions go I think there are way more NFL than NHL players due to roster size.
Agreed. It would be hard for anyone to deal with millions of dollars being thrown in their face, but imagine when you're in your early 20's and still have a lot of growing up to do. It's no surprise that many can't handle it.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 08:11:22 am »
Agreed. It would be hard for anyone to deal with millions of dollars being thrown in their face, but imagine when you're in your early 20's and still have a lot of growing up to do. It's no surprise that many can't handle it.
I'm sure I would have been a total jerk if I had that much attention and money when I was 20. Now I would like the money but not the fame.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 08:25:16 am »
I thought the Blues were going to blow it again there at the end :o It's been a rough 10 years for us...

I will say this, at age 33 I'm definitely transitioning from being a Blues fan into a hockey fan. When you are growing up, you look up to players. When you get older, you just get pissed off at them because they are so immature.

Hockey is a great sport to watch both live and on tv. When live you can see all of the plays develop but I have trouble with names on the ice; and there are almost never any replays. We went to 17 games last year but are dialing it back to 7-8 this year. Unfortunately Saint Louis is FAR too dangerous to go out after the game so it turns into a rushed experience.