Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Christmas Stash  (Read 3909 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Christmas Stash
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »
I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am a beer hoarder. Once I designate a beer to the cellar, I never want to open it, even once it has likely gone well past its prime. I have doppelbocks that are over 10 years old that are well overdue to get consumed and/or dumped. I really should start using Xmas as an excuse...
I am the opposite of this.

+1.  The same applies to my big home brew beers, too. I have a tough time leaving them alone as long as I'd like when they're really good. I found 2 or 3 bottles of RIS recently that I'd forgotten existed. They were well over a year old - really tasty.

I guess I have a homebrew Christmas stash too. I have a keg of my first Belgian Quad ready to be tapped Saturday. It was kegged late January/early February (I think it was brewed last December). I'll also be putting on a barleywine that I brewed in February. Can't wait!

They'll be great!
Jon H.

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Christmas Stash
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2015, 07:49:09 am »
I honestly can't say I can hold on to a Dark Lord longer than 2 weeks, I am weak and I know it!  But that is what keeps me going back as long as they can still hold up the events...  I wish I could get an idea of what the 2012 tastes like now with my own two lips...  But I will have to say that ship has probably sailed.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)