Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: millenium hops  (Read 1350 times)

Offline noonancm

• Cellarman
millenium hops
« on: October 25, 2015, 01:04:37 pm »
I have been using millennium hops for a couple of years as my bittering hops for several different beer styles. Yet I have never seen any real discussions about the hops pro or con. I am curious about others' reaction to the hops. I have generally found it a versatile hops that has aloud me to stretch dollars used for the purchase of hops. What has others found?

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: millenium hops
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 01:10:49 pm »
All I know is that it is a daughter of Nugget and Columbus. That to me says it would be great as a bittering and mid to late hop in IPAs. I may need to get some on my next big buy.

Offline noonancm

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 05:27:18 pm »
Thanks for responding, Steve.

I find the lack of response interesting.

Offline Joel5000

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »
Thanks for responding, Steve.

I find the lack of response interesting.
I think the lack of response is likely because not many peiple have used them.  Do you ever use them as a late-addition, or strictly for bittering?  From what I've read they are similar to Nugget.  I use Nugget frequently when I want a clean bitterness that won't get in the way of the late hops.

Offline noonancm

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 03:12:17 pm »
I've used them strictly as bittering; primarily because I brew a rotation of styles that often call for different hops for flavor and aroma. For example, Irish Red, Belgian Strong, Blonde, Porter, etc.

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 03:44:19 pm »
I used to love Widmer which uses their own hop blend called Alchemy that is apparently a mix of Millenium, Warrior, and smaller amounts of Horizon. It's harder to find their beer here now but I have not really heard too much about Millenium hops other than that.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale