Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: King Cobra  (Read 1739 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
King Cobra
« on: October 27, 2015, 07:32:57 pm »
My new chiller (self bday present) arrived today. Holy @$!# this thing is huge. It will take some careful thought and placement to get it into my BruGear kettle full of hot wort. The thermo well is essentially the only obstacle. I can't wait to put this beast into use this weekend for my You're my hero Double Nut Brown. Forecast is for mid to high 50s next week. No problem keeping ferm temp low enough (had to post pone from this past weekend.) The ferm chest freezer is full of lagering marzen' and 2 cases of random beer. Also have 2+cases of my wild saison that I finally bottled last week and 2+ plus cases of bock also bottled last week. So in reality, do I need to brew this weekend? No, but I NEED to brew this weekend, anyone know that feeling?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:42:27 pm by 69franx »
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline GolfBum

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lakewood, CO
Re: King Cobra
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 07:37:03 pm »
Sounds awesome. And I do know that feeling. I just got a new brew kettle as a wedding gift. Got it saturday and brewed on saturday. I want to brew this weekend to try it out as well. Hope the chiller works out for you.

Offline zorch

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 08:36:23 am »
It will take some careful thought and placement to get it into my BruGear kettle full of hot wort.

Do what I do, and just keep your chiller in the kettle the whole time.  There is no good reason that I can think of to wait until the last 10-15 minutes to drop it in there.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:53:23 am »
I leave mine in from the start. I was tired of adjusting the burner to deal with the chiller being added later.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 08:57:57 am »
I leave mine in from the start. I was tired of adjusting the burner to deal with the chiller being added later.

+1.  My SS spider is sized to fit inside my IC, so it's just easier to put it in from the get go.
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 09:34:02 am »
I guess that's the way to go. Thanks all, will make it a lot easier to deal with on the cold side.
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)