Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A larger wedding supplied primarily with homebrew.  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Wheel3er

• 1st Kit
A larger wedding supplied primarily with homebrew.
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:46:00 pm »
Alright this is my first post on here but I wanted to share my experience with my wedding three years ago.  There were nearly 250 people at the reception.  Many were heavy drinkers.  But most were coors drinkers or moonshine.  Welcome to southern Maryland. I was usually not interested in most of the plans for the wedding. My mother in law wanted to run a way to include me.  My buddy Bill Boyden and I had brewed together for two years prior to the wedding.  We joked about making all of the beer for the wedding one day and next thing you knew over drunken scribbling we decided to do it. The cost for materials was roughly 350 dollars.  We made 55 gallons.  We made plans and organized a strict calendar.  My anal retentive buddy who is an engineer kept me organized and in check.  No drinking allowed until the second mash was going....sucked.     We made an American lager.   Marzen.   Easy drinking IPA.  And hefe.  We figured they were all pretty easy drinkers but were enough to spread the roots
Of our families. We brought home very little beer.  It was an incredible party I will never forget. Maybe later I will post some pictures.  The beers were all served in ball lock kegs.   He brought his standard four tap kegerator and I brought my four tap keezer.   It was served by a couple people that go to church with us. We took the kegs and machines and set them up the day before so everything could settle.  We thought about bottles.....but forget that.  Kegs were to easy.  We bought and served them in plastic glasses we had made pretty cheap.   Since this even we have done several family events.  We now use two 20 gallons lots to brew 10 gallon batches. We will do four staggered batches in a day taking about 9 hrs to total.   

Offline Wheel3er

• 1st Kit
Re: A larger wedding supplied primarily with homebrew.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 12:57:18 pm »
IMG_2892.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG

If these don't show up someone tell me how to post pictures. 

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:56:05 am »
IMG_2892.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG

If these don't show up someone tell me how to post pictures.
If your pictures are on a phone or you can put them on a phone get the tapatalk app and just start a post, click the camera, and select pictures. If on a pc put them on a photo storage site like photobucket, click the picture icon when you post (its the mona lisa one) and copy the url for each picture. there are also directions on the forum: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=20.0
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline jtoots

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 06:18:25 am »
dang, 4 batches in a day is serious stuff.  props.

Offline Wheel3er

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 04:54:46 am »
dang, 4 batches in a day is serious stuff.  props.

It is a lot of work but it's not bad when both people have their own equipment.  It's how we do the majority of our brewing now to ensure we keep the kegs filled. 
2 26 gallon pots 1 10 gallon pot. Two mash tuns and your ready to go.  Get one mash going then about 30-40 minutes later start the next.  Once those two beers are done we start it all over again.  We will be going to homebrewcon this year hopin to learn other ideas to help us streamline or improve our processes.