Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing podcast  (Read 5725 times)

Offline muzak

• Cellarman
  • Rialto, California
Re: Experimental Brewing podcast
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2015, 12:10:37 pm »
I can see some people finding it distracting. I think it works better in some segments, like the intro, and Beer Life segments, than others.
John L.
---
Planning: Simcoe SMaSH
Bubbling:
Drinking: Saison, Amber Ale, APA, American Strong Ale

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2015, 12:24:41 pm »
I like it. Reminds me of Turtle Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiX1ZnyceNI

Damn nice editing job too.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 12:45:33 pm »
I can see some people finding it distracting. I think it works better in some segments, like the intro, and Beer Life segments, than others.

The FX were only in the Beer Life segment.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 12:46:10 pm »
I like it. Reminds me of Turtle Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiX1ZnyceNI

Damn nice editing job too.

Thanks!  I leave out the stuff that makes me sound stupider than usual!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline muzak

• Cellarman
  • Rialto, California
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:40 pm »
The FX were only in the Beer Life segment.

Goes to show you how quickly I got used to it. lol I could have sworn it was throughout.
John L.
---
Planning: Simcoe SMaSH
Bubbling:
Drinking: Saison, Amber Ale, APA, American Strong Ale

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2015, 04:37:29 pm »
I'm really digging the show too! Looking forward to where it goes.

Offline Footballandhops

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:37 pm »
I actually turned the second podcast off about 15 minutes in due to the nonsensical rambling about beer news that we have all read about for a long time now. The rest is what I could only imagine as a plug for the picobrew company whose products are so costly that most of the brewers on this forum would have never started brewing if that was their only option

come on Denny....your crazy forum posts challenging the norm and showing me how to batch sparge with minimal resources have been the claim to your internet fame....don't sell out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Batch Sparging Bottle Dreggggg Harvesting Son-ova Biznatch Raging Against the Machine

https://itun.es/us/PN5dq?i=269457903

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2015, 08:00:51 pm »
I agree that Denny is a sell out for what you imagined he said. But it was less infomercial than you imagine. In fact they pointed out that at the current prices these systems are not worth it. It was more of a discussion on whether or not using automation is really brewing...

Easy on the negative mind reading my friend. Its easy to vent, then somewhere in Noti a good buddy is losing sleep over it. Go back and take a listen, then maybe you're right maybe not.

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2015, 12:59:53 am »
At least check back in with us on the next episode when we talk about the new invention ABI is bringing to the beer market that they gave us lots of dosh to talk about and plug. Seriously though, PicoBrew signed on to be a sponsor after we'd already set the content for the show. They heard what we had to say at the same time as you.

Seriously though, we wanted to talk about the Pico because it leads into a series of other things we'll be talking about which all rotate around what is and isn't brewing.

Next episode, which if Denny's internet ever decides to cooperate and allow us to talk to each other, will include our first experiment for the audience and an interview with Jay Goodwin of the Rare Barrel about sour beers, etc. Beer Life will cover a bit about what we're seeing in the world of homebrewing and we'll probably throw out a gift idea or two that don't include sponsors or anything too outre.

Soon we'll have our phone patch in hand and we'll be able to have callers for the Q&A segment. (To be a caller/questionee you'll still need to email me us at questions@experimentalbrew.com)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison