Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Clown Shoes "Ohio" Unidragon RIS  (Read 1516 times)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
Clown Shoes "Ohio" Unidragon RIS
« on: November 14, 2015, 08:39:44 am »
Clown Shoes came to Ohio a couple of years ago, and since Ohio has a dumb law about not having 12%+ ABV beers, we missed out on Unidragon (13.5% I believe).... Until the release of Ohio Unidragon! Since moving their market to Ohio, Clown Shoes sales went up immensely. So, they now brew a 10.5% Unidragon specifically for Ohio. WOW is it good! Finally, something good has happened because of this ridiculous law. It is a thick, put hair on your chest, stout. But yet, it's very silly and smooth with no boozy fusal finish. It has an immense complexity of malt flavors with a slight bittered kick! I can't drink enough of it right now. I want to cellar some, but that's not working out too well lol. If you are in Ohio, be sure to pick a bomber up. I've also seen it on tap a handful of times.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:56:38 am by fmader »
Frank

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
Re: Clown Shoes "Ohio" Unidragon RIS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 08:34:14 pm »
Huh. I was underwhelmed by the regular stuff.

Not bad but it didn't stand out. For the price, it needed to stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:45:47 am »
I have never tried even one of their beers even though they have been distributed very widely here. The labels are just too gimmicky for me and I have never found it in my wallet to drop the coin for a warm bomber.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:55:09 am »
Huh. I was underwhelmed by the regular stuff.

Not bad but it didn't stand out. For the price, it needed to stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being that the regular stuff is 13.5%, I think it wouldn't be as good and potentially boozy. I've never had it.
Frank

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 05:57:45 am »
I have never tried even one of their beers even though they have been distributed very widely here. The labels are just too gimmicky for me and I have never found it in my wallet to drop the coin for a warm bomber.

Lol this is funny because I haven't tried many of their beers because their labels look generic. I probably wouldn't have tried this one either, but my administrative assistant bought me a bottle for boss's day about a month ago. It's always since surprise seeing a bottle of beer on your desk when you get to work! But now, I can't get enough of it.
Frank

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 08:01:54 am »
Frank we had the Ohio version 2 weeks ago at Rhinegeist's DIPA festival Hopgeist. It was wonderful. I did not know the story behind the Ohio part, now we do. My girlfriend was very happy to drink that rather than any of the DIPA options
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:33:38 am by 69franx »
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 08:39:38 am »
I've tried two or three of the beers. It's widely available here and my wife's coworkers give them to her as gifts. They're fine but priced a few dollars above their quality IMO.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing