Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Short & Shoddy | My 1 Hour All Grain Brew Day  (Read 3123 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Short & Shoddy | My 1 Hour All Grain Brew Day
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 09:56:22 am »
Pretty cool, grains didn't happen to have been precrushed for 2 years did they? I personally think that, if stored properly, uncrushed grains can last 2 years no problem.

I have proven that to myself many times.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline crynski

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 06:29:37 pm »
This also shows how us new brewers get hooked.  Even if I mess up a little, making drinkable not bad beer is pretty easy.  Then we fall down the rabbit hole and making your new favorite beer is just plain magical. 

Offline muzak

• Cellarman
  • Rialto, California
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 08:54:04 am »
Good stuff. Beer never ceases to amaze me with how resilient it can be. No matter how much us brewers try to sabotage it.
John L.
---
Planning: Simcoe SMaSH
Bubbling:
Drinking: Saison, Amber Ale, APA, American Strong Ale

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 01:45:30 pm »
Cool stuff - anyone read that article the dude from Harpoon put out stating their boston brewery was the perfect spot to hide out during a zombie apocalypse? One of the selling points was enough grain and hops to make beer indefinitely... this sounds like a nice test of how these old grains and hops will fare haha.
Why is planning for brewing during the zombie apocalypse not a category on this forum.? That is an important, oft overlooked, issue. If we don't plan ahead we will have to drink old cans of duff or this stuff...

Ha!  I bet that crap still tastes better than some of the beers I have been served at my local brew club meetings. 

Anyway, Marshall, you never cease to amaze me with your posts.  I guess the name of that beer should simply be "15".  Cool....