Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Bottle Filler Northern Brewer  (Read 4206 times)

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
Re: New Bottle Filler Northern Brewer
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 08:12:37 am »
AiH bought AHBS. The previous owner was starting a Brewery.

Forrest started that brewery a while back (2012 IIRC).  AiH bought them out a month or two ago, I believe.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 11:21:25 pm »
Video has been posted. It seems like a pretty solid design and breaks down well. He does mention setting the pressure to 8 psi, which is far below my normal serving pressure.

http://youtu.be/0CWLNoXDz_U

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 07:48:21 am »
That's a pretty slick device. Having used the beergun, this looks to be a definite improvement for these kinds of devices. I do, however, question the "no need to reduce keg pressure" statement. I can only imagine huge foamy messes filling bottles from a 12psi fully carbonated keg.

Offline jjflash

• Assistant Brewer
  • New Mexico
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 07:42:58 am »
Video has been posted. It seems like a pretty solid design and breaks down well. He does mention setting the pressure to 8 psi, which is far below my normal serving pressure.

Thanks for the video post.  I was considering purchasing this product until I viewed the video.  I always cap on foam to limit air in the bottle.  As the video clearly demonstrates a substantial amount of air gets pulled back into the bottle when you remove the instrument.  A design flaw in tip fillers in my opinion.  I suppose you can pull it out of the beer, then shoot more CO2 into the bottle.  Think I will stick with my Blichmann.   
---JJ---

I don't know half of you half as well as I should, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
- Bilbo Baggins

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2015, 10:09:48 am »

Thanks for the video post.  I was considering purchasing this product until I viewed the video.  I always cap on foam to limit air in the bottle.  As the video clearly demonstrates a substantial amount of air gets pulled back into the bottle when you remove the instrument.  A design flaw in tip fillers in my opinion.  I suppose you can pull it out of the beer, then shoot more CO2 into the bottle.  Think I will stick with my Blichmann.   
If you've already got a Blingmann, there's no reason to even consider buying this. It's tempting, but I've been getting along just fine with my picnic tap/bottle wand method. It's not ideal, but works well enough.
Jesse

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 08:50:52 pm »

Overall, same basic service you get from a Blichmann, but the NB product looks to be a better design IMO.  You can always give a shot of co2 IN the beer as your pulling out to generate some foam.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 08:58:27 pm »
Purging the headspace post fill might be a pain considering how far up the purge tube is in relation to the fill valve.