Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hard root beer awful  (Read 2700 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Hard root beer awful
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 12:04:24 pm »
Interesting comments, when it comes to soda, root beer has always been my favorite.  And now the BMC crowd are brewing a hard root beer.  I like them.  But no more than one at a time, and certainly no replacement for a good home-brew.  They probably will be a passing fad.  but I know the "best damn" brand (owned by AB) is planning many other hard sodas. 

Offline PutnamBrewer

• 1st Kit
  • CT Homebrewer
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 04:34:12 pm »
Not your Fathers was a huge hit in my area of CT - it was great to drink during the summer time and fun to make rootbeer floats with.

I think it's just about run it's course and novelty.  I might pick up a 6 pack or two this upcoming summer but I don't see the demand anymore.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 06:30:07 am »
Not your Fathers was a huge hit in my area of CT - it was great to drink during the summer time and fun to make rootbeer floats with.

I think it's just about run it's course and novelty.  I might pick up a 6 pack or two this upcoming summer but I don't see the demand anymore.

When it first came out up here in NH, stores had bottle limits on it.  Now you can find it in every grocery store and Walmart.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 07:19:48 am »
I don't even have to try it to know I don''t like it. and you kids stay off my lawn!