Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Just a great brew day  (Read 1260 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Just a great brew day
« on: November 14, 2015, 08:30:34 pm »
My schedule has been crazy for a couple of months and I haven't been able to brew.  Today I brewed an IPA.  Everything went perfectly.  I thought I might be rusty, but no issues at all.  And I love my new stainless insulated mash tun!  It worked perfectly, only dropping 2 degrees over the hour.  It just felt so good I had to post about it.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Just a great brew day
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 08:37:45 pm »
Awesome! The smell of the grain when the strike water first hits is a mighty fine smell, especially when you haven't brewed for a bit.
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »
Good job Steve!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 10:28:17 am »
Way to go, Steve!  I had my first brewday in a month last Thur.  I expected to be brewing more when I retired, but I'm just too busy!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 09:02:47 pm »
I understand!  I've been absent for a couple months now as well.  Got back on the horse last weekend with a stout, and did a double batch today of lower gravity ales.  Feels good to fill some fermenters!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 10:17:58 pm »
Glad to see you back JT. I have actually postponed my third attempt at a Chickow! Clone about a month now. Sitting on "too much" beer. Gonna make it happen thanksgiving weekend as long as family plans stay the way they are (none at the moment)
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 04:36:16 am »
Glad to see you back JT. I have actually postponed my third attempt at a Chickow! Clone about a month now. Sitting on "too much" beer. Gonna make it happen thanksgiving weekend as long as family plans stay the way they are (none at the moment)
Too much is a good problem to have!  Yesterday was my first time doing two separate batches.  It took a bit more planning but other than that it really didn't extend my day too much.  Good luck with that Chickow!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 04:39:17 am »
Thanks JT, I did my first 2 batch day back in August when I made 2 5.5G batches of Oktoberfest. It made for a long day as they were back to back
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)