Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: First club meeting  (Read 985 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
First club meeting
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »
Finally made to my first home brew club meeting with the Bloatarian Brewing League. Been a member for a year, pieces finally came together and I could show up in time to renew my year old membership. Meeting was great with a focus on Brett fermentations.  Lots of home brew to share, sample, and critique. Had some good feedback on a couple of my brews. Got to meet @JT. All in all. A good night, glad I made it
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
Re: First club meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:17:11 pm »
Finally made to my first home brew club meeting with the Bloatarian Brewing League. Been a member for a year, pieces finally came together and I could show up in time to renew my year old membership. Meeting was great with a focus on Brett fermentations.  Lots of home brew to share, sample, and critique. Had some good feedback on a couple of my brews. Got to meet @JT. All in all. A good night, glad I made it
Glad you were able to make it out tonight Frank!  You brought some tasty beers, the dual pitch saison was my favorite!  Very well done, I look forward to meeting up again and sharing some brews.  I meant to tell you, if you bring a beer before the meeting starts and want to have it judged, they'll typically have a judge or 3 fill out a score sheet for you.  I've found that very valuable as there are talented tasters there. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:19:55 pm »
That's awesome, had no idea, will work on that for next one I attend. That should be sooner than another year. Here's hoping!
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:04:16 am »
Great club to be a part of. I'm glad they invited me down to speak to them earlier this year.

I hope the rest of our forum members have a good club to visit on occasion. i still relish my monthly meetings with my club in Indy. What's not to like about people who share the same passion?
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:43:29 am »
Agreed, Martin.  I joined my club a year ago this past August.  Best move I ever made.  It allowed me connections to take a BJCP prep class, and the BJCP tasting exam last June.  Even more, it gave me access to some incredibly talented brewers from whom I have learned a lot.  Prior to joining, I felt pretty much on my own to search out answers to my brewing (8 years or so of that) - but it all changed with the NHC in Grand Rapids where so many of the "Big Hitters" said that they were members of a local club and got so much out of it.  As an AHA member, you get a lot, but with a club membership, you get some great face to face discussions and more importantly - sampling!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"