Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Christmas Stash  (Read 3911 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Christmas Stash
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »
I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am a beer hoarder. Once I designate a beer to the cellar, I never want to open it, even once it has likely gone well past its prime. I have doppelbocks that are over 10 years old that are well overdue to get consumed and/or dumped. I really should start using Xmas as an excuse...
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 02:55:49 pm »
Nice looking 'stashes' from all. JT, you did well getting your hands on those 3Floyds beers. I need to get to Dark Lord Day next year. Pricey, tasty stuff. Behemoth is terrific as well.
Jon H.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:06 pm »
Nice looking 'stashes' from all. JT, you did well getting your hands on those 3Floyds beers. I need to get to Dark Lord Day next year. Pricey, tasty stuff. Behemoth is terrific as well.
I've only been once, the bottle shown is the last of the score from that trip.  Great time, I need to get out there again next year if I can score tickets. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 08:59:42 am »
Yes. The boulevard beers I've had so far are really good.  I almost bought a cherry stout from them.  Might go back for it.

Don't drink that whole bottle of Rye-On-Rye in one night, you'll have a hell of a hangover. Don't know what causes it, but everyone I know agrees it's terrible.  :o :o :o

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:04 am »
I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am a beer hoarder. Once I designate a beer to the cellar, I never want to open it, even once it has likely gone well past its prime. I have doppelbocks that are over 10 years old that are well overdue to get consumed and/or dumped. I really should start using Xmas as an excuse...
I am the opposite of this.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 10:06:17 am »
Those are all some great looking stashes. I should really start my own Christmas stash. Although, everytime I get a bomber of something I'm so excited I end up drinking it right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 01:25:48 pm »
I am holding 6 of those beers that I keep around for my birthday (Jan. 5th)  And I have to be honest, I have started my bday with Founders Bfast stout for about 4 years, great birthday coffee
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »
Don't drink that whole bottle of Rye-On-Rye in one night, you'll have a hell of a hangover. Don't know what causes it, but everyone I know agrees it's terrible.  :o :o :o

For real?  I just picked up a bottle in a Boulevard 3-pack.  It's gone down to the basement stash, along with the Ommegang three pack.

Most things that go to the stash stay there for a long time.  Dark Lord needs a reason to come out.  That reason could be Christmas.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline mharding73

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:45 pm »

For real?  I just picked up a bottle in a Boulevard 3-pack.  It's gone down to the basement stash, along with the Ommegang three pack.

Most things that go to the stash stay there for a long time.  Dark Lord needs a reason to come out.  That reason could be Christmas.

I would split it when I open it.   If I drank the whole bottle myself in an evening I know I would be hung over.  I hope it's good.  The reviews online suggest it is. 

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »
Definitely planning to split it.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 03:58:56 pm »

I can drink a whole bottle of the Bourbon Barrel Quad and be perfectly fine. Something about the Rye On Rye...and it's less % I do believe

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 06:30:36 pm »
Those are all some great looking stashes. I should really start my own Christmas stash. Although, everytime I get a bomber of something I'm so excited I end up drinking it right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You're just going to have to start buying two bottles  :D
Frank

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 06:35:19 pm »
I am holding 6 of those beers that I keep around for my birthday (Jan. 5th)  And I have to be honest, I have started my bday with Founders Bfast stout for about 4 years, great birthday coffee

Breakfast stout is pretty much a staple in my house. It's my wife's favorite as well as one of mine. I usually split one with my brew partner over a big breakfast during the mash on brew days.
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »

+1.  The same applies to my big home brew beers, too. I have a tough time leaving them alone as long as I'd like when they're really good. I found 2 or 3 bottles of RIS recently that I'd forgotten existed. They were well over a year old - really tasty.
Jon H.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 07:31:51 pm »

+1.  The same applies to my big home brew beers, too. I have a tough time leaving them alone as long as I'd like when they're really good. I found 2 or 3 bottles of RIS recently that I'd forgotten existed. They were well over a year old - really tasty.

I guess I have a homebrew Christmas stash too. I have a keg of my first Belgian Quad ready to be tapped Saturday. It was kegged late January/early February (I think it was brewed last December). I'll also be putting on a barleywine that I brewed in February. Can't wait!
Frank