Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Get your beer evaluated by a professional judge! Beta testers needed.  (Read 8755 times)

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Get your beer evaluated by a professional judge! Beta testers needed.
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »
I like a sliding price for this service. You owe me $45, minus whatever I score your beer. So for 50 pt beers I'm giving you $5.  Seems fair.  8)

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2015, 01:35:48 pm »
I like a sliding price for this service. You owe me $45, minus whatever I score your beer. So for 50 pt beers I'm giving you $5.  Seems fair.  8)

So are we going to start the Michael/Antoch/Burkemper review service or what? I'll gladly pay people to give me 50 point beer! :P Hahaha
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline PrettyBeard

• Cellarman
  • A short sturdy creature fond of drink and industry
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2015, 02:26:51 pm »
I'd be happy to pay anyone a bottle or two of homebrew for a serious review.  More then that is stretching it.

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2015, 02:46:37 pm »
I'd be happy to pay anyone a bottle or two of homebrew for a serious review.  More then that is stretching it.

Except if the homebrew would be particularly lousy. Then you would be punishing the benefactor  ;)
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2015, 03:54:34 pm »
GM doesn't mean much, until I make GM, then it will mean a lot.  I feel the same about the Ninkasi award.  ;D

Antoch and Burkemper and I are going to undercut,
Act now, 3 / $100!

...to each their own

Cheers--
-Michael

"No! No, no, not 6 minutes! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel."
Step into my office...

Great movie, and awesome segue

I dont think I would undercut them, just out shyster them. Call it Galactic Beer Cup! Everyone gets a gold medal, and all the notoriety and prestige that comes with it! Just $80 per beer, and you dont even have to send in a beer. Just send $80, plus shipping and handling to GBC and your medal will ship in 6-8weeks

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »
Man...I wish i had more room on my I love Me wall for a kinsasa gold metal...but darn...It's pretty full...what are the true dimensions of the award?
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2015, 10:18:38 pm »
So are we going to start the Michael/Antoch/Burkemper review service or what? I'll gladly pay people to give me 50 point beer! :P Hahaha

How many of them thar 50's do you want?  ;-)
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2015, 10:34:33 am »
If you love your beer, then press on, but don't believe the hype when others rave about your beer without some outside verification. Far too many people are opening breweries based on opinions of those who have no clue and many will fail unless they get it figured out.

Hey, my friends think it's great beer!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2015, 10:35:56 am »
I dont think I would undercut them, just out shyster them. Call it Galactic Beer Cup! Everyone gets a gold medal, and all the notoriety and prestige that comes with it! Just $80 per beer, and you dont even have to send in a beer. Just send $80, plus shipping and handling to GBC and your medal will ship in 6-8weeks

Believe it or not, there are comps for commercial beer that actually work like that.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2015, 02:50:24 pm »

Believe it or not, there are comps for commercial beer that actually work like that.
With higher entry fees?
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2015, 09:18:51 am »

With higher entry fees?

Much higher.  My understanding is that the more you pay, the better the award you get.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline heyimmatt

• 1st Kit
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 12:19:37 pm »
Hi all,

First and foremost, I’d like to thank everyone for their comments and feedback. I’m pleasantly surprised by the amount of discussion Review My Homebrew generated as I didn’t really expect it! To help provide some more clarity and context around the service, I’ve put up an “about me” page so you know who I am and why I started this business as well as a blog post to address some of the feedback that came out of the various comment threads.

About me: http://www.reviewmyhomebrew.com/#!about/n0oq3

Blog: http://www.reviewmyhomebrew.com/#!blogpage/uuzgp

I’d like to invite anyone interested in trying us out to shoot an email to info@reviewmyhomebrew.com for a reduced rate. Cheers!

-Matt

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 12:59:23 pm »
Did I miss the post where you answered the question several people posed, i.e. "What constitutes a professional beer judge?"

Offline heyimmatt

• 1st Kit
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 01:02:29 pm »
Did I miss the post where you answered the question several people posed, i.e. "What constitutes a professional beer judge?"

BJCP Grand Master level. Perhaps professional isn't the correct word, although many GMs do get paid for their judging services by writing for mags, doing sensory panels for breweries, etc. I guess "expert" might be better?

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2015, 03:23:29 pm »

BJCP Grand Master level. Perhaps professional isn't the correct word, although many GMs do get paid for their judging services by writing for mags, doing sensory panels for breweries, etc. I guess "expert" might be better?

Might just be me being distrustful, but without BJCP numbers and contact information for the judges (like you get when you enter a BJCP competition), I wouldn’t give much credit to this service.