General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Using my Homebrew to raise money for charity

<< < (5/5)

mtnrockhopper:

--- Quote from: tomsawyer on March 22, 2013, 02:18:07 PM ---Of course its not legal in most states.  But I would ask, does anyone know of a person who was arrested/fined for this?  As a one-time donation to a charity auction it is really limited and not worth a law enforcement officer's time or effort.

--- End quote ---
I imagine without true intent to profit, the most ABC will do is shut the event down. Especially if it comes down to interpretation of a law.

I've also heard of events where everyone is a judge and votes so the event is a competition - surely to skirt these rules.

ynotbrusum:
In Illinois the law has been enforced:

http://www.pjstar.com/entertainment/x643675111/Illinois-Liquor-Control-Commission-enforces-law-no-home-brews-at-festival

tomsawyer:
I know fesitvals have been shut down in both IL and MO.  This isn't the same as an individual donating a case of homebrew for a charity auction.  Plus, I asked if anyone has been fined, and these festivals were shut down in advance when a permit was sought.

ynotbrusum:

--- Quote from: tomsawyer on March 24, 2013, 05:15:09 AM ---I know fesitvals have been shut down in both IL and MO.  This isn't the same as an individual donating a case of homebrew for a charity auction.  Plus, I asked if anyone has been fined, and these festivals were shut down in advance when a permit was sought.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, but why subject the charity to a potential problem?  The laws should be relaxed and then we wouldn't have a worry about things that are at most a petty nuisance..

tomsawyer:

--- Quote from: ynotbrusum on March 24, 2013, 05:38:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: tomsawyer on March 24, 2013, 05:15:09 AM ---I know fesitvals have been shut down in both IL and MO.  This isn't the same as an individual donating a case of homebrew for a charity auction.  Plus, I asked if anyone has been fined, and these festivals were shut down in advance when a permit was sought.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, but why subject the charity to a potential problem?  The laws should be relaxed and then we wouldn't have a worry about things that are at most a petty nuisance..

--- End quote ---
Agreed.  I do think theres a difference between donating something for later consumption, versus pouring beer at an event.  Certainly the latter has more complicating ramifications as far as changing laws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version