Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lone Star Bock  (Read 7695 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Lone Star Bock
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 05:35:40 pm »
Bump: if you have not read this thread, start at the beginning.

Since I brewed a Bock this morning, I was searching all things Bock here on the forum and found this gem. What a great laugh from the OP. Never had Lone Star Bock, but have had its big brother. Would not rave about that one either, but this is hilarious. All apologies go out to Loopy for laughing at his pain and disappointment but I'm sure his OP was intended to be both educational and entertaining. Pardon the interruption and now back to current conversations.
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline troybinso

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:50 pm »
Never had the beer. Love the write up

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 08:49:43 am »
Having had Lone Star's pale lager at least once in my life I would not have made the mistake of exploring their other products.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:25 am »
Having had Lone Star's pale lager at least once in my life I would not have made the mistake of exploring their other products.

+1. If the standard Lone Star lager is any indication, I assume their bock is a bock sort of like Dr Pepper is a medical Dr.   ;)
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 09:33:11 am »

+1. If the standard Lone Star lager is any indication, I assume their bock is a bock sort of like Dr Pepper is a medical Dr.   ;)
Everyone knows his doctorate is honorary

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 09:41:02 am »

Everyone knows his doctorate is honorary

He must've had a minor in soft drinks then.   ;D
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 03:46:48 pm »
Great stuff Jim and Jon. Glad everyone could get another laugh out of this even years later
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Stevie

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 04:39:05 pm »
All this hate on Lone Star makes me sad. I was shocked to see PBR (my old go to hot weather outdoor beer) for $11.99 a 12pack when I was accustomed to paying $6.99. I soon learned about Lone Star through many a $2 tall cans at dive bars and think it's good for what it is and I just might need to bring a case or two with me when I move to Souther California for old times sake.

Never even knew they made a bock, but I can't imagine it being popular the way Texans are all jacked up over Shiner.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 04:45:41 pm »
Yeah, I used to buy PBR back before it turned into a hipster beer (with the required price hike). It used to be my cheap lawnmower stuff. I wouldn't expect PBR to put out a bock though.
Jon H.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 04:51:04 pm »
That crazy thing is PBR and Lone Stare are both owned by Pabst Brewing. They taste the same to me as well, but I admit I have never done a triangle test. I know what I'm doing on Friday.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 05:23:20 pm »
I hate to say it but Lonestar has been cheap ass sickly beer for quite some time now. Except in price.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis