Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hochkurz versus 150F Mash - Is really there a difference?  (Read 25325 times)

Online pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Hochkurz versus 150F Mash - Is really there a difference?
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2015, 06:34:35 am »
I really don't have time to read through this whole thread right now, but let's stop jumping to conclusions. Bryan Rabe was not banned. He deleted his own account. I can't believe you guys think we would drop the ban hammer that quick. He certainly didn't do anything "ban worthy". I did privately PM him and ask him to chill. He has emailed me and I am considering on what to email him back.

If we could all stop the name calling it would be very nice, too. Let's stop calling people "d!icks" at the very least. Thanks.
I didn't read far back enough to know that there was talk of him bring banned. I just assumed from a post he made a few days ago that he left. I agree that his behavior wasn't something to ban and the peer pressure created here by people wanting civil discourse is the best way to handle these cases as messy as that may be.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2015, 07:11:56 am »
Thanks for clearing it up major.

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2015, 07:14:36 am »

You guys made the thread, I'm not going to do the work to go through and pull what may or may not be pertinent and then step on other peoples toes and get fussed at. Amanda can start a new thread if she wants. I extremely tempted to just lock this one so it just goes away.

Pretty discouraging that sharing experiences will now lead to 10 pages of off topic crap, a whole lot of bickering, and a potential thread lock.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2015, 07:25:14 am »

You guys made the thread, I'm not going to do the work to go through and pull what may or may not be pertinent and then step on other peoples toes and get fussed at. Amanda can start a new thread if she wants. I extremely tempted to just lock this one so it just goes away.

Pretty discouraging that sharing experiences will now lead to 10 pages of off topic crap, a whole lot of bickering, and a potential thread lock.

Not to mention me having to moderate the forum and respond to emails on my Sunday morning, my only real day off.

I liked where you were going with your thread, Amanda, was sorry to see it get derailed. Like you guys, I'm here to learn and to share. It makes me angry when people disrespect each other because it takes away a potential learning experience.

The reason I moderate here on this forum is to give back to the homebrewing community, and the AHA and BA. But I also want to help shape the culture here so that this forum exists 10 years from now. Because I like this place and I like the people who come here and who make this forum work.

We ALL need to be more respectful of each other if we want this place to be a place where we can all learn and share. The tone of our conversations should always be constructive and never condescending or insulting. People don't have to agree with you. And there is no sense in getting angry regardless. And never is there a place for name calling.

Amanda, I encourage you to just copy and paste your original post and start the discussion going again. If you do that I will lock this thread and we can continue on. It is up to you.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2015, 07:27:29 am »

Well, lets not let it change who we are. Walk away from the discouragement and let me encourage you to just put it back on course starting right now. How's those beers going?

What would Charlie do? If he had gotten discouraged by nay sayers we may not have ever known what craft beer was. I think he would smile, scratch his head and move on. Move forward.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:35:35 am by klickitat jim »

RPIScotty

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2015, 07:34:15 am »

I would hope that the recent trend does not cause the people who take the time to make these posts to become discouraged. I thoroughly enjoyed your post, especially the how you inadvertently gave a treasure trove of info on the zymatic along the way. Seriously considering financing one to distribute the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2015, 11:21:51 am »
Yep, total waste of space and it got Bryan banned. I know from experience this is not his first time being banned from a forum. The guy has knowledge, but he needs to chill out and learn how to convey it in a manner than doesn't come off so dickish.

Bryan was banned?  From here?  By whom?  I'm the admin here and as far as I know he was not banned.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2015, 11:22:54 am »
I must have missed the post that drove the final nail. Everything I read was plenty prickish, but nothing ban worthy in my opinion.

He was not banned.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2015, 11:24:04 am »
I really don't have time to read through this whole thread right now, but let's stop jumping to conclusions. Bryan Rabe was not banned. He deleted his own account. I can't believe you guys think we would drop the ban hammer that quick. He certainly didn't do anything "ban worthy". I did privately PM him and ask him to chill. He has emailed me and I am considering on what to email him back.

If we could all stop the name calling it would be very nice, too. Let's stop calling people "d!icks" at the very least. Thanks.

ALL OF THIS^^^^

www.dennybrew.com

narvin

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2015, 12:37:42 pm »
+1 - How you say things is hugely important. It's the difference between being "Right" and being a "Jerk". It's actually a little harder to be civil, but it makes you look a lot smarter. And it makes the world a lot nicer place to live in.

Not trying to name call.  I thought this was pretty well known and I think it conveys the exact same thing you were saying.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wheatons-law

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2015, 01:27:42 pm »
+1 - How you say things is hugely important. It's the difference between being "Right" and being a "Jerk". It's actually a little harder to be civil, but it makes you look a lot smarter. And it makes the world a lot nicer place to live in.

Not trying to name call.  I thought this was pretty well known and I think it conveys the exact same thing you were saying.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2015, 01:30:38 pm »

Cool,Toby. Does he still homebrew IIRC ?
Jon H.

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2015, 01:46:09 pm »
Cool,Toby. Does he still homebrew IIRC ?

Yeah, this was from the AHA conference in San Diego this past summer.

Offline Kit B

• Brewmaster
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »
There is no reason for you guys to continue trolling this thread & no high road to be taken, beyond just shutting it down & giving Amanda an opportunity to post her result.
So, let's allow her to do so & get back to brewing, instead of namecalling & baiting.

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2015, 09:26:07 am »
Major - you can lock this one. Hopefully #2 will be better.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article