Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Terrapin The Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA  (Read 2452 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Terrapin The Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:03:50 am »
Wow, what a letdown. I was expecting Terrapin to pull out the stops and blow my tastebuds away, but what I got was a muted IPA with muddy flavors. I bought two and will certainly consume the second, but perhaps sooner rather than later because it ain't gonna get better with time.

https://mashbang.wordpress.com/2015/10/12/terrapin-the-walking-dead-blood-orange-ipa-at-last/
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: Terrapin The Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:51 am »
wow.  glad I passed on this at the store last night.  i had a bottle in my hand but put it back in the box on reconsideration - Terrapin almost always disappoints me.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:25:15 am »
How is Tarrapin as a brand overall? We can't get it here in Missouri, but I do see the name all the time when I travel southeast. I was under the impression they are a pretty good regional beer?

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:34:38 am »
Typically I find them to be pretty good. They rarely blow your socks off, but generally solid brews. This one was the most pedestrian beer I have had from them in quite some time.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 06:25:54 am »
Anyone who follows Mike of FB will realize that this beer was never going to meet his expectations. He is a WD fanatic.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 06:26:54 am »
How is Tarrapin as a brand overall? We can't get it here in Missouri, but I do see the name all the time when I travel southeast. I was under the impression they are a pretty good regional beer?

Mid range, not bad, never great.

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 11:15:18 am »
Anyone who follows Mike of FB will realize that this beer was never going to meet his expectations. He is a WD fanatic.

I do like TWD. My wife says, "How can you watch that it isn't real?" to which I reply that is the reason I watch it!

FWIW - Ash vs. The Evil Dead begins on Starz at the end of October. Right now they are rerunning The Evil Deal and The Evil Dead 2 on Starz and Army of Darkness on IFG (whatever channel that is). Anyway the DVR is filling up!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 06:12:29 am »

I do like TWD. My wife says, "How can you watch that it isn't real?" to which I reply that is the reason I watch it!

FWIW - Ash vs. The Evil Dead begins on Starz at the end of October. Right now they are rerunning The Evil Deal and The Evil Dead 2 on Starz and Army of Darkness on IFG (whatever channel that is). Anyway the DVR is filling up!

I can't wait for Ash vs Evil Dead!

Also, it isn't real ... YET! #zombieapocolypse
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:14:36 am by majorvices »

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 07:13:05 pm »
Revisiting this one tonight for the mid-season finale and I must say it is much more alluring a few months later.

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »
Revisiting this one tonight for the mid-season finale and I must say it is much more alluring a few months later.

Interesting it was better 45 days later. Perhaps your taste buds were blown by something the first time around.

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »
Doubtful, I try to start with a clean palate, but even the aroma even seemed better, not something cold conditioning would generally improve. I would suggest bottle variability, but they came from the same carton. It still was not mindblowing, but went from a beer boring enough to avoid to one I would drink if given. ;)