Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The condition of hop pellets when you open them...  (Read 3705 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: The condition of hop pellets when you open them...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 01:48:24 pm »
When my son was a toddler he put my keys in one of the round cavities in our large stereo speakers from the back. Not sure how it was I found them.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline jimmykx250

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 04:10:21 pm »
I have seen this right out of a 1 lb vacuum sealed pound. As i said before never noticed anything bad about them just seemed larger or like they were formed bigger or absorbed air prior to packing.
Jimmykx250

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 08:58:31 am »
First, the pretzel situation:  Anyone with small kids may know what it's like when the kids decide to do something unusual.  My daughter hid my wedding ring once and it was YEARS before I found it and my son took a handful of small pretzels and [apparently] dropped them in the toilet to see what would happen.  They were probably goldfish pretzels and he thought they may swim away... LOL.  By the time I found them they were the size of a golf ball.  Anyway, my hops have arrived from Farmhouse and all 4 varieties look awesome and are packaged in that O2-purged, vacuum-sealed foil wrapping.  Cheers.

Was the wedding ring in the toilet?
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 01:16:01 pm »
First, the pretzel situation:  Anyone with small kids may know what it's like when the kids decide to do something unusual.  My daughter hid my wedding ring once and it was YEARS before I found it and my son took a handful of small pretzels and [apparently] dropped them in the toilet to see what would happen.  They were probably goldfish pretzels and he thought they may swim away... LOL.  By the time I found them they were the size of a golf ball.  Anyway, my hops have arrived from Farmhouse and all 4 varieties look awesome and are packaged in that O2-purged, vacuum-sealed foil wrapping.  Cheers.
Luckily no.  Under the cushion of a big chair in the family room!  :D
Was the wedding ring in the toilet?
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.