Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Cicerone Off-Flavors Classes  (Read 1702 times)

Offline gabetoth

• 1st Kit
Cicerone Off-Flavors Classes
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:07:10 pm »
I'm looking for people in northern New Mexico or southern Colorado who want to take an off-flavors class through the Cicerone program. It's offered Aug. 20, Sept. 27 and Nov. 12. It's a 75-minute online class that covers six of the most common off flavors, like oxidation and DMS. The cost per site is $180, a bit steep for me to shell out by myself, but each site can accommodate up to six people, potentially dropping the cost as low as $30/person.

I'm in Taos, but if everyone else is in Santa Fe, Alamosa, Pagosa Springs, wherever, I can come to you. I'd really like to take the Aug. 20 class, before the Cicerone tests during GABF week, but I can wait if necessary.

Offline jwatkins56550

• Cellarman
Re: Cicerone Off-Flavors Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:13:23 pm »
I took that class a couple months ago, all in all, it was good.  I had a good time taking off work to drink tainted beer!

When I signed up I didn't realize it was enough for 6 people so my girlfriend got to do it with me.  I still got some of the off flavors left over...I'm going to use them in some more flavorful beers later on.

Do you have a local brewery?  Maybe you could talk to the owner and convince him/her to sign up some of their bartenders to take it with you.  When I took it there were some people who worked in breweries taking it.