Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Northern Brewer for porter  (Read 3720 times)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Northern Brewer for porter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »
I am from the USA. I like mint. I like chocolate. But mint chocolate is nasty crap lol. I actually just saw a ThirstyDog beer tonight that was a mint chocolate milk stout. My lip quivers at the thought.
Frank

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 06:17:56 pm »
I am from the USA. I like mint. I like chocolate. But mint chocolate is nasty crap lol. I actually just saw a ThirstyDog beer tonight that was a mint chocolate milk stout. My lip quivers at the thought.
I can't see myself enjoying it in a beer, but the combo in general is just fine in my books. I've been growing a mint cultivar called "Chocolate mint" the past few years, and there's just a subtle cocoa note to it that I really enjoy.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline PrettyBeard

• Cellarman
  • A short sturdy creature fond of drink and industry
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »

Thank you.  I am so making a chocolate and orange wheat stout next Christmas.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 06:21:24 pm »
I was brave and bought a bomber of Stone's Chocolate Mint Stout 2 or 3 years ago. Thankfully, the mint was very subtle. I'd say it was as good as a mint stout could be good. I'd have to say I liked it. Wouldn't buy it again either.
Jon H.