Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Seattle next week  (Read 2097 times)

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
Seattle next week
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:16:49 pm »
I'll be in Seattle from Monday to Friday. Anything new to check out? It's been a few years since I've been.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

- Charles

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: Seattle next week
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:17:53 pm »
Oh where to begin.  So many good breweries.  What part of Settle will you be in?

Always my first thought is Georgetown.  They are in the Georgetown area just South of downtown.  Ballard has scads.  You can do a brewery crawl there.

On the Eastside (Redmond) is Postdoc brewing, our old friend Tom Schmidlin is the head brewer there and is doing a fantastic job.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »
Our office is at sand point near uw. I am staying at the Marriott downtown.

- Charles

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »
Well, I'll add one more.  Naked City Brewing.  They are a small brew pub fairly close to UW.  They make good beer and have an extensive tap list from other breweries - good food too.  All of these are googleable so addresses are unnecessary.  If you have one evening, go to Ballard.  If two, Georgetown.  If three, honestly take the time to go to Redmond and visit Postdoc.  Tom isn't being conservative in terms of style.  He has an amazing array of beers, and every one I've tasted is exceptional.

But that is my read.  I hope others will chime in.  Lyft and Uber are great ways to get around while sampling.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 09:43:59 pm »
Thank you. At the least I will hit a place for dinner each night and pick up some bottles at a bottle shop

- Charles

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:03:10 am »
For a bottle shop definitely check out Chuck's Hop Shop http://www.chuckshopshop.com/

A great place, with lots of taps too.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:24:03 pm »
FWIW, below are my must see spots. Keep in mind, I live in Florida but am a beer snob.

-Pine Box beer bar (set in an old, beautiful, funeral home). Great beers, beer nerd heaven.

In Ballard I really like Stoup Brewing, Reubans, and Fremont Brewing.

Otherwise, I also liked Elysian. Enjoy!

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 08:06:22 pm »
Made it to Chuck's hop shop(bought a shirt) all my college buddies call me Chuck.
Sitting at Reuben's now. They had a food truck serving a Cuban on a cinnamon sugar pretzel. Amazing. Beer is excellent.

- Charles

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 12:21:33 pm »
Oh where to begin.  So many good breweries.  What part of Settle will you be in?

Always my first thought is Georgetown.  They are in the Georgetown area just South of downtown.  Ballard has scads.  You can do a brewery crawl there.

On the Eastside (Redmond) is Postdoc brewing, our old friend Tom Schmidlin is the head brewer there and is doing a fantastic job.

I just got to try some stuff from PostDoc and Georgetown this past weekend at PNWHC and they are both top notch.  The Port Barrel aged Weizenbock from PostDoc was amazing.

If you make it out Redmond way I would also suggest HiFi brewing.  Very cool place and great beer.  They hosted a BJCP tasting exam there, very gracious and let us sample some stuff.  Black Raven is also right around the corner from there, but I haven't tried any of their stuff.

Enjoy Seattle!
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year