Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Water Chemistry - Pt. 3: Post-Fermentation Mineral Adjustments | xBmt Results  (Read 4162 times)

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
Did you calculate the concentrations of the various ions?

Offline brulosopher

• Brewmaster
  • They who drink beer will think beer
    • Brülosophy

Yes:

Offline charles1968

• Brewmaster
"Belgian beers" is a broad category! It's tough to make sweeping generalizations about such a varied beer culture.

It's fine to make sweeping generalisations about one's own preferences though isn't it?

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
"Belgian beers" is a broad category! It's tough to make sweeping generalizations about such a varied beer culture.

It's fine to make sweeping generalisations about one's own preferences though isn't it?
That's an odd question.
Jesse

Offline charles1968

• Brewmaster

That's an odd question.

I think RPIScotty misread my first post. I thought it was pretty clear that I was expressing a personal preference rather than making a sweeping generalisation about Belgian beer. I assume you missed the point too.

RPIScotty

My comment was in jest. No worries! I figured you meant Pale beers and blondes.

Offline charles1968

• Brewmaster

My comment was in jest. No worries! I figured you meant Pale beers and blondes.

Fair enough. Yes beers like Leffe and Duvel and Dupont are definitely my preference as I don't make or drink high abv beers very often. If you look on ratebeer or homebrew websites you'll find most beer-geeks rate strong beers highest, eg Westvleteren, but they aren't everyday drinkers - the golden ales are much more popular and found in pretty much every supermarket in Europe.

RPIScotty

Water Chemistry - Pt. 3: Post-Fermentation Mineral Adjustments | xBmt Results
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

Fair enough. Yes beers like Leffe and Duvel and Dupont are definitely my preference as I don't make or drink high abv beers very often. If you look on ratebeer or homebrew websites you'll find most beer-geeks rate strong beers highest, eg Westvleteren, but they aren't everyday drinkers - the golden ales are much more popular and found in pretty much every supermarket in Europe.

I enjoy them all! Except maybe Leffe. Not a big fan.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:24:11 pm by RPIScotty »

Offline charles1968

• Brewmaster

I enjoy them all! Except maybe Leffe. Not a big fan.

You've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't there are some nice recipes on the candisyrup website:

http://www.candisyrup.com/recipes.html

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
You've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't there are some nice recipes on the candisyrup website:

Yep, I've brewed several of them. Some nice recipes there.
Jon H.

RPIScotty

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 04:09:14 pm »

Oh yeah. Those are in my onedrive brewing folder. Great resource. They are going to be releasing an ebook soon on brewing Belgian ales.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:10:52 pm by RPIScotty »

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page

Yes:

OK. So basically additions were moderate.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Offline brulosopher

• Brewmaster
  • They who drink beer will think beer
    • Brülosophy
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »

Yes:

OK. So basically additions were moderate.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Precisely. And yet still reliably distinguishable by a blind panel of tasters. Gnarly stuff.