Author Topic: Growlerwerks  (Read 1899 times)

Offline BrewHalla

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
Growlerwerks
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »
Just thought I would pass on a warning. Growlerwerks is selling a new pressurize growler and to cut to the chase they are having large quality issues along with customer service issues with their kickstarter campaign. They are selling through amazon without providing the product they owe their kickstarter backers. . Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone has seen the product. Issues seen is the cap doesn't hold pressure and assembly quality issues. Just a heads up if you see the product

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
Re: Growlerwerks
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:26:24 AM »
No connection with Growlerwerks here, except that I am (patiently) awaiting a 128 oz. growler.  Original delivery expectations were missed, no doubt.  They've kept us informed, and I'm OK with it because that's what Kickstarters are about.

"Large quality issues" doesn't cut to any chase, it just harps on some negative Amazon reviews.  Is that all you have to offer, and is that why you posted this here?  An actual user review would be much more useful.  Anyone who finds this device on Amazon can read the reviews.  Their last email update explained why they supplied Amazon, with unfulfilled Kickstarter backers still unfulfilled.

I'm looking forward to getting mine in the spring.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:30:07 AM by smkranz »
Steve K.
AHA • BJCP
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »
No connection with Growlerwerks here, except that I am (patiently) awaiting a 128 oz. growler.  Original delivery expectations were missed, no doubt.  They've kept us informed, and I'm OK with it because that's what Kickstarters are about.

"Large quality issues" doesn't cut to any chase, it just harps on some negative Amazon reviews.  Is that all you have to offer, and is that why you posted this here?  An actual user review would be much more useful.  Anyone who finds this device on Amazon can read the reviews.  Their last email update explained why they supplied Amazon, with unfulfilled Kickstarter backers still unfulfilled.

I'm looking forward to getting mine in the spring.

If that poster is still waiting for the product to arrive from backing the kickstarter campaign then how would he or she possibly be able to provide a user review?
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Stevie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
I'm not finding it on amazon. Hopefully they resolve their quality issues. I like the concept.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• View Profile
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
I found it on Amazon through Google: http://www.amazon.com/GrowlerWerks-Ukeg-Craft-Beer-Growler/dp/B00YR9NUEI

Those are some pretty terrible reviews.

A lot of reviews complain about lack of pressure. That seems to be true of most of these growler systems that rely on small CO2 canisters.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline BrewHalla

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
Why lead with no association with growlerwerks is odd but ok. I am a verified amazon purchaser. I am the one who has the YouTube video of the $130 growler that has mars, off center tap, the cap doesn't really screw in properly  and even with great care taken it doesn't hold pressure. Not to mention how the goose neck is assembled doesn't match the selling photo. But i just thought I would share so other people don't get sucked in. I have a replacement coming that is arriving today. Hope that'd more useful
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:48:32 PM by BrewHalla »

Offline BrewHalla

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 09:03:55 PM »
I hope for better quality out of the replacement but i am not holding my breath since so many other people are having issues and complaints. If it's better that's great but I will not be able to recommend a product that the people making it say the shape that my growler came in should just be chalked up to "uniqueness".  They admitted they knew the issues existed and sent it out anyway not caring about the end user.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:08:17 PM by BrewHalla »

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 02:39:50 AM »
Why lead with no association with growlerwerks is odd but ok. I am a verified amazon purchaser. I am the one who has the YouTube video of the $130 growler that has mars, off center tap, the cap doesn't really screw in properly  and even with great care taken it doesn't hold pressure. Not to mention how the goose neck is assembled doesn't match the selling photo. But i just thought I would share so other people don't get sucked in. I have a replacement coming that is arriving today. Hope that'd more useful
Yes, it's definitely more useful to know that you are a purchaser rather than someone just bashing the product with only second-hand knowledge.  I appreciate the clarification.

I understood the risks of pre-purchasing a new, yet-to-be-built product.  I'm hoping the production version of the 128 growler turns out well.
Steve K.
AHA • BJCP
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline BrewHalla

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
Here us my initial video https://youtu.be/C-GGRM9r-NM.

Then here is my replacement.. there is 2 videos I made of it but this one is more telling than the other https://youtu.be/vlEWssOZmgU

More useful info

Offline drainone3

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
I wanted to let everyone know that I got my order and finally had a chance to put it together.  The pressure in the outside tube leaked and I emailed them about the problem three days ago ant this is the response that I got:

Thank you for reaching out and supporting GrowlerWerks.  We received your inquiry and a customer service ticket has been created with the ticket ID XXXXX and subject "Order ID XXX"

We are currently experience a high volume of inquiries and we appreciate your patience.   A GrowlerWerks team member will be responding to you as soon as possible.   

Thank you for contacting GrowlerWerks.

Cheers,
Growlerwerks Support Team.

No other response in three days.  Please beware of Ukeg and Growlerworks!