Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Growlerwerks  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Alfredbrewer

• Cellarman
Re: Growlerwerks
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2020, 06:21:26 am »
A friend of mine has a 128 oz one. She really like it. She’s had it for a couple of years. Makes it nice for her to grab some beer from my place since I mostly keg and she mostly bottles.

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2020, 06:27:47 am »
I did get a 128 oz from Santa Claus.  I haven't opened it quite yet but in a couple more days I'll have a batch ready to put in!  Now I just need to find/create a permanent spot for it in the refrigerator...
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2021, 05:24:38 am »
I did get a 128 oz from Santa Claus.  I haven't opened it quite yet but in a couple more days I'll have a batch ready to put in!  Now I just need to find/create a permanent spot for it in the refrigerator...

I was going to post a new question about this product (specifically, https://www.amazon.com/GrowlerWerks-uKeg-Carbonated-Dispenser-Cocktails/dp/B08LF1T7DX/). How did things go? The regular glass growlers I've gotten from the local pub are usually flat in a day or so and flavor is quite degraded. Maybe the added cO2 charge helps with that?

Offline roger

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 06:43:31 am »
I have one of the goose neck versions. Looks good, but tends to crack at the bend. The newer straight version looks like a much better design.

These will keep the beer carbonated for at least a week, likely much longer. I've never been able to test that.  ::)

Plus it looks good on the shelf in my brew room.
Roger

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2021, 09:12:00 am »
I just got one as a present on my 10 year work anniversary.  I'm going to try and make sparkling wine with it.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 05:06:42 am »
Thanks! I picked one up on amazon this morning. Found a 'used like-new' on sale for $100  8)

Offline wiscobrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 08:22:29 pm »
I just had a issue with growlerwerks I ordered six glasses they were supposed to come free shipping they arrived c o d 1350 Dave the owner set me a very unpleasant email after I told him that I was not happy about having to pay to 1350 I'll never do business with these people again

Offline wiscobrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 08:30:29 pm »
I just had a issue with growlerwerks I ordered six glasses they were supposed to come free shipping they arrived c o d 1350 Dave the owner set me a very unpleasant email after I told him that I was not happy about having to pay to 1350 I'll never do business with these people again

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2021, 10:41:02 am »

You had to pay $1350 for delivery of six glasses? Were they delivered by a limo?
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing