Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Calling BS! ?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
Calling BS! ?
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:31 pm »
When is calling BS when BS is BS not correct?

For instance, the AT&T "3G" network map they air nationwide for all to see.  THAT is pure BS.... I'm in the map and tried their "3G", even talked to their reps... connection speed was worse than dialup.  No s***, honest truth.  I went back to dialup.   :o  Yet their adverts continue... when will America wake up and call BS without fear that its not PC or get sued?  How many gallons or BARRELS per hour is it.. which report is telling "the truth".   The British government wasn't happy with how America is pinning things on BP... WHY?  What does the British GOVERNMENT have to do with it?  Our President had to "call" and soothe Britain?  WTF?! 

PC is killing America!   >:(

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Calling BS! ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:07:57 pm »
Oh, I just want to get in before this gets deleted.  ;)

Everyone has rights, everyone is equal, everyone is entitled to happiness, and the only way for that to happen is for everyone to be miserable, because otherwise you are certainly trampling on someone's rights, somewhere, somehow.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »
Oh, I just want to get in before this gets deleted.  ;)

Everyone has rights, everyone is equal, everyone is entitled to happiness, and the only way for that to happen is for everyone to be miserable, because otherwise you are certainly trampling on someone's rights, somewhere, somehow.

I dunno, I'm pretty happy and I have plenty of my own business to mind before I get into minding everyone else's.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »

I dunno, I'm pretty happy and I have plenty of my own business to mind before I get into minding everyone else's.

You don't have to actively offend. Your coffee isn't fair trade, your shoes were made by children in China, you believe in a higher being, you eat meat, you drink alcohol - you offend someone with everything you do. Cut it out!  :P

The moral majority, is neither.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »

You don't have to actively offend. Your coffee isn't fair trade, your shoes were made by children in China, you believe in a higher being, you eat meat, you drink alcohol - you offend someone with everything you do. Cut it out!  :P

I see your point. Those people sort themselves out, though.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline The Professor

• Brewmaster
  • "In the next life, you're on your own"
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:23:31 pm »
When is calling BS when BS is BS not correct?

For instance, the AT&T "3G" network map they air nationwide for all to see.  THAT is pure BS.... I'm in the map and tried their "3G", even talked to their reps... connection speed was worse than dialup.  No s***, honest truth.  I went back to dialup.   :o  Yet their adverts continue... when will America wake up and call BS without fear that its not PC or get sued?  How many gallons or BARRELS per hour is it.. which report is telling "the truth".   The British government wasn't happy with how America is pinning things on BP... WHY?  What does the British GOVERNMENT have to do with it?  Our President had to "call" and soothe Britain?  WTF?! 

PC is killing America!   >:(

I agree with you on the whole "PC" thing.

As far as the BP debacle goes, the Brits werent upset with pinning the whole disaster on BP per se...I doubt that anyone would deny that BP fracked up BIGTIME.   
I think rather that they were concerned with the constant references to the company by some in the administration as "British Petroleum", a name the company hasn't gone by for many years;  rightly or wrongly (opinions differ on it) I think they were concerned that constantly referring to the old company name reflected badly on the Brits and wrongly inferred that the British government should shoulder blame, when they are, of course, blameless in this.

ANyway, no matter how you characterize it, it IS a sad, sad event.  And all indications now point to cost-cutting and corporate greed as the main reason for this mess.
AL
New Brunswick, NJ
[499.6, 101.2] Apparent Rennerian
Homebrewer since July 1971

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:39:39 pm »
I'll bet AT&T is conspiring with the lamestream media to silence you and force pc on you :(
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 05:45:05 am »
We haven't had to lock a thread in a long time. I probably should lock this one but I'll wait and see what happens (against my better judgement, probably ;) ). That said, the pub has been a really cool place to hang out. Lets not ruin it by making it a place to b**** and complain about politics, big business or the state of our country.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 06:49:25 am »
We haven't had to lock a thread in a long time. I probably should lock this one but I'll wait and see what happens (against my better judgement, probably ;) ). That said, the pub has been a really cool place to hang out. Lets not ruin it by making it a place to b**** and complain about politics, big business or the state of our country.

But isn't this what people do in a Pub?  And usually because their wives tell the to shut the <bleep> up, so they need to go somewhere to blow off steam.

And what about all the boycotts of Arizona businesses....geez!!!!!  ;)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 07:24:29 am »

I agree with you on the whole "PC" thing.

As far as the BP debacle goes, the Brits werent upset with pinning the whole disaster on BP per se...I doubt that anyone would deny that BP fracked up BIGTIME.   
I think rather that they were concerned with the constant references to the company by some in the administration as "British Petroleum", a name the company hasn't gone by for many years;  rightly or wrongly (opinions differ on it) I think they were concerned that constantly referring to the old company name reflected badly on the Brits and wrongly inferred that the British government should shoulder blame, when they are, of course, blameless in this.

ANyway, no matter how you characterize it, it IS a sad, sad event.  And all indications now point to cost-cutting and corporate greed as the main reason for this mess.

I can see your point, I didn't think anybody had pointed fingers at Britain though.  Britain should make BP change their name if its going to bother them.   :D

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 07:29:38 am »

But isn't this what people do in a Pub?  And usually because their wives tell the to shut the <bleep> up, so they need to go somewhere to blow off steam.

And what about all the boycotts of Arizona businesses....geez!!!!!  ;)

If you have been around forums long enough you will see political discussions can tear forums apart. And, BTW, this isn't a real "pub". eg; In a real pub you would be careful about the things you say to avoid getting into a fight. Getting into a fight here has no real world consequences. This is also a forum that belongs and is maintained by the AHA. This is their terms, not mine.

The rules of the forum specifically state "No Politics".

Locking it down fellas. Sorry.