Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brü's Views w/ John Palmer | On The exBEERiments So Far  (Read 1201 times)

Offline brulosopher

• Brewmaster
  • They who drink beer will think beer
    • Brülosophy
Brü's Views w/ John Palmer | On The exBEERiments So Far
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:09:13 am »
For today's Brü's Views, I was curious what the guys think about what it is we do the most and all that has come with it:

The exBEERiments so far

Huge thanks to John Palmer for sharing his thoughts on the issue!

http://brulosophy.com/2015/12/24/brus-views-w-john-palmer-on-the-exbeeriments-so-far/

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
Re: Brü's Views w/ John Palmer | On The exBEERiments So Far
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 01:59:16 pm »
I think the "Mythbusters" comparison is extremely valid.  You're trying to put some numbers on things and make it interesting at the same time.  You're also constantly getting told you're wrong or structured the experiment wrong, etc., etc.  ;)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 02:16:24 pm »
I think the "Mythbusters" comparison is extremely valid.  You're trying to put some numbers on things and make it interesting at the same time.  You're also constantly getting told you're wrong or structured the experiment wrong, etc., etc.  ;)

My thought, too. Keep up the good work, Marshall !
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 07:22:12 pm »
I got a kick out of what Palmer said. I don't think the things that have been said in the past are myths that need to be busted. I think they were a map for those who had no experience.  Clearly once you have been there, done that, the map becomes less important. But the map is not a peice of crap, after all it got you close enough that you figured out the rest, right.

This is a mind set that would be nice to see more of. The ability to recognize and be grateful for what Palmer, Zainashef, Mosher, Daniels, Strong, Conn, Beechum, et al have shared with us... but also the ability to not make them godlike and take every utterance as permanent irrefutable fact.

When helpful guidance becomes dogma there is a tendency to defend it with stones like blasphemy, or the other way, burning the info sharer at the stake. Its beer folks. Chill. Follow, learn, explore, share new stuff, etc.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:59:52 pm by klickitat jim »