Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SN Beer Camp Tropical IPA  (Read 3989 times)

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
Re: SN Beer Camp Tropical IPA
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 04:04:56 pm »
Good for the cost I thought.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 10:20:56 pm »
I destroyed a six pack and bought another. My Costco had a mixed cases (PA, torpedo, white IPA, and coffee stout) as well and cases of the Otra Vez. I went for the mixed case.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 08:06:16 am »
I destroyed a six pack and bought another. My Costco had a mixed cases (PA, torpedo, white IPA, and coffee stout) as well and cases of the Otra Vez. I went for the mixed case.
The coffee stout is excellent, I wish they sold it in six packs.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 10:06:36 am »
My first bottle on Friday night. I guess I am in the minority. I may have found a poorly shipped/stored sixer. I found it to be overly bitter and out of balance. I did not get the fruity aromas or taste, just bitterness. I also tried the Otra Vez and loved it. We shared a bottle 3 ways on Tues and all 3 of us like it a lot. I had a second on Friday and was still very pleased. I did wind up with a head cold the rest of the weekend, so my nose and taster may have been a bit off, but not in a hurry to get to the other 5. Just my .02
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Stevie

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 10:11:51 am »

My first bottle on Friday night. I guess I am in the minority. I may have found a poorly shipped/stored sixer. I found it to be overly bitter and out of balance. I did not get the fruity aromas or taste, just bitterness. I also tried the Otra Vez and loved it. We shared a bottle 3 ways on Tues and all 3 of us like it a lot. I had a second on Friday and was still very pleased. I did wind up with a head cold the rest of the weekend, so my nose and taster may have been a bit off, but not in a hurry to get to the other 5. Just my .02
I just had a horrible six pack of pale ale as well. First in a long time.

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 10:12:28 am »
I tried the otra vez. I stand by gose is gross. I love prickly pear cactus and love salt, I usually like grapefruit in beer. But that was foul.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

- Charles

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 10:17:52 am »

Last time I bought SNPA it was not good, first time in a long time. It was out of balance on the sweet side, with next to no hop character. Had a wet cardboard, oxidized character. Bottled just over a month prior by the freshness date. Doesn't happen often from them.
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 10:58:27 am »

Last time I bought SNPA it was not good, first time in a long time. It was out of balance on the sweet side, with next to no hop character. Had a wet cardboard, oxidized character. Bottled just over a month prior by the freshness date. Doesn't happen often from them.

And shouldn't happen either. I would only expect that to be found in a much older batch that has been sitting on the shelves for too long.

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 11:48:41 am »
I did wind up with a head cold the rest of the weekend, so my nose and taster may have been a bit off, but not in a hurry to get to the other 5. Just my .02

not trying to be a SN apologist here, but I know from experience that when I start to get a cold all beers, mine included start to taste just like you described - bitter, lacking aroma, etc. 

I bought another 6 of the BC this weekend - Whole Foods had a special $7.49 for 6ers, $13.99 for twelves, hard to pass that up.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 11:50:56 am »
I'm still hoping I have this bug kicked by this weekend and I'll put the remaining 5 to the test. I hope I was wrong, as I also tend to like almost everything I try from them, especially now being fresher from the Eastern brewery
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)