Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Can anyone detail how this FOB works for me?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline jeeyeop

• Cellarman
Can anyone detail how this FOB works for me?
« on: December 26, 2015, 03:38:28 pm »
Hey guys, so I started barbacking at a local sports bar, and changing kegs is kind of new to me. The one part that confuses me is the resetting of the FOB detector.

This isn't the exact model, but it looks similar: http://www.micromatic.com/in-line-profit-maximizers-fob/in-line-profit-maximizer-stainless-steel-pro-max-1

So, the top part is what I use to flush the foam out of the FOB and fill it with beer. However, I was also told to switch the lever at the bottom upwards before changing kegs, and then back down after the keg has been changed and flushed. What exactly does that lever on the bottom do? And am I using it right? Thanks!

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Can anyone detail how this FOB works for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:29:41 pm »
If I remember from my restaurant days (2+ years ago) that shuts a valve, cutting off flow from the keg. I dont really remember using it that often. Once you know what you are doing, you wont have to worry too much about that valve: an empty keg has nothing to spill and a new keg need to fill the FOB anyways. Just what I am remembering, could be wrong
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)