Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewery Volunteering  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Brewery Volunteering
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 11:43:17 am »
I few years ago I reached to many local breweries inquiring about volunteering. I didn't get one response. I was bummed out then but understand the whole liability thing now.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 11:47:47 am »
To clarify, if you work in our brewery you are a paid employee. Only volunteers are ones who help pour beer at beer fests on occasions.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »

What is the liability, recipes, or?
Safety. Volunteers may not be covered under insurance plans.

I amazed anytime I see friends post on Facebook or the like about the 8 hours they "volunteered" bottling at a brewery. They are a damn business and you just increased their bottom line without any compensation other than a case of beer on the way out the door. Is it only me that thinks these people are suckers?

May be not so. I am sure everybody would love to pay you buy some small businesses just can not afford it. This is most likely when you start up and do not have enough sales.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 10:11:48 am »

What is the liability, recipes, or?
Safety. Volunteers may not be covered under insurance plans.

I amazed anytime I see friends post on Facebook or the like about the 8 hours they "volunteered" bottling at a brewery. They are a damn business and you just increased their bottom line without any compensation other than a case of beer on the way out the door. Is it only me that thinks these people are suckers?

May be not so. I am sure everybody would love to pay you buy some small businesses just can not afford it. This is most likely when you start up and do not have enough sales.

Exactly Leos, think of Alaska Brewing.  They would not be where they are today without the many volunteers when they started.  And from what I hear, those original volunteers are STILL getting free beer.