Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Weyermann Bohemian Floor Malted Bohemian Malt DP  (Read 4901 times)

coastsidemike

Re: Weyermann Bohemian Floor Malted Bohemian Malt DP
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 01:34:23 pm »
That said, I really dislike this malt. Its indeed well modified,with the high kolbach and low protein. I get funk from this... Wet hay and apple peel, I call it "dirty".

Was it perhaps bad before you used it?  As a data-point, I taste malts before buying and using and this has been a go-to base malt for me.  No problems.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 01:48:23 pm »
That said, I really dislike this malt. Its indeed well modified,with the high kolbach and low protein. I get funk from this... Wet hay and apple peel, I call it "dirty".

Was it perhaps bad before you used it?  As a data-point, I taste malts before buying and using and this has been a go-to base malt for me.  No problems.

probably the guy floor malting that lot was American and not German  :o
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

The Beerery

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 02:47:25 pm »

No, it was fresh and brewed properly. I am not alone. Many Brewers in my circle from across the US claim the same. I guess if you can't taste it all the more power to ya'll!

coastsidemike

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 10:38:36 pm »

No, it was fresh and brewed properly. I am not alone. Many Brewers in my circle from across the US claim the same. I guess if you can't taste it all the more power to ya'll!

My beers were in front of a lot of people this summer, some professional.  That kind of tasting feedback never came up.  Most kindly, please think of it as a data-point in the field, less "if you can't this then you" kinda thing.

Ancient Abbey

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 08:22:30 am »
the pictures don't show up

They show up when I look at the thread on my computer, but don't when I view from my iPad.  Weird...