Author Topic: Happy Brew Year - Happy New Beer  (Read 1165 times)

Offline tommymorris

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Tommy M.
    • View Profile
Happy Brew Year - Happy New Beer
« on: January 01, 2016, 10:47:22 PM »
Instead of a New Years resolution, what new beer will you brew in the new year.

I want to develop a good nut brown ale recipe. Not so unique, but, new to me and I am looking forward to the test batches ;)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Brew Year - Happy New Beer
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 10:54:41 PM »
Hoping to finish my Helles quest, or call it quits soon. Began my quest for my house stout. Then I want to imperialize my house APA and Stout.

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:56:49 PM »
I will be brewing a Vienna Lager for the first time later this month!
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline riceral

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 11:58:19 PM »
I've been thinking of doing a weizenbock. Never tried brewing one before although I have enjoyed a few.

Ralph R.

Offline tonyccopeland

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 12:12:58 AM »
I will be brewing a Flanders Red this week and plan to brew at least 10 new to me styles (mostly lagers) I haven't brewed before in the coming year.

-Tony

-Tony

Offline kgs

• Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 12:37:10 AM »
Brewing my favorite oatmeal stout, with lots of toasted oats and a high mash temp. Probably will do what I did last time and soak cocoa nibs in bourbon, then add the liquor right before bottling along with a cup or so of cold extract of french roast coffee. Heading home in five minutes to get the strike water heating.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 01:07:00 AM »
I want to work on some lagers in the coming months. I want a nice German Pils and Dunkel that I can repeat with good results. I'm also considering making my first sweet stout and any tips would be helpful.
Dan Chisholm

Offline atodd

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 02:10:14 AM »
Hoping to finish my Helles quest, or call it quits soon. Began my quest for my house stout. Then I want to imperialize my house APA and Stout.

I am trying to make a good Helles as well, my first one went into bottles the other day. The light lagers are a style I enjoy but have never brewed until recently.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 02:15:03 AM »
I tried to get to this beer in '14 and '15.... 2016 will be the year of the habanero mango APA
Frank

Offline erockrph

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Chepachet, RI
    • View Profile
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 04:47:23 AM »
My brew year's resolution is to brew some old favorites that I haven't gone back to for a while - my house IPA, a sessionable brown ale, my session Porter, and my Belgian Dark Ale.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline brewinhard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 07:13:01 PM »
A run of lagers for me...dunkel, vienna, helles.  Then off to the races with an ESB recipe I have been pondering over in my head for a while. By then, it will probably be time to start prepping some summer beers like saison, kolsch, and blonde ale.

Offline heavydeadlifts

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 10:05:48 PM »

A run of lagers for me...dunkel, vienna, helles.  Then off to the races with an ESB recipe I have been pondering over in my head for a while. By then, it will probably be time to start prepping some summer beers like saison, kolsch, and blonde ale.

Nice, I'm finishing primary now on a ESB fermented with wyeast West Yorkshire....holly crap, super huge krausen
Batch Sparging Bottle Dreggggg Harvesting Son-ova Biznatch Raging Against the Machine

https://itun.es/us/PN5dq?i=269457903

Offline brewinhard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 10:40:08 PM »

Nice, I'm finishing primary now on a ESB fermented with wyeast West Yorkshire....holly crap, super huge krausen

Yeah, that one always blows out of my 7 gallon carboys!  And it sticks around for a long time too.  I do really like that strain.

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 01:38:12 AM »
For this new year, I will try a lager for the first time: a Vienna, which I hope to get to this week, actually. Since I don't have a freezer, I will need to use a cold part of our house to actually lager--something that has been in doubt with this El Nino winter, but it seems as though the cold weather is making enough of a comeback here in Western Massachusetts to give it a try. And then it's an altbier, another new style for me.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled:Spruce Ale, Smoked Porter, Spruce Porter, Chinook APA, Wit, Marzen, ESB, Vienna Lager.

Fermenting: Nut Brown Ale, Amber Ale

Next Brews: Irish Red Ale, APA, Mild

Offline factory

• Brewer
  • Virginia Beach, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »
I want to try Belgian Beers.  All of them.  I worked up a recipe for a Belgian Blonde that I plan on brewing this week. Then I have plans for a Dubbel, Trippel, and a Quad.