Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Trip in February  (Read 1398 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Beer Trip in February
« on: January 11, 2016, 01:07:31 pm »
In February, my family and I are taking a trip to San Diego (well Carlsbad actually) and I had a question about some of the breweries out in Vista.  We arrive late on Sat. and since Sunday isn't planned yet, the family may go to Legoland (staying across the street), so I thought it would be a great time to visit the breweries out in Vista about 6 miles away.

Trying to lay out my day.  I may Uber out there and see if I could walk from brewery to brewery, since they don't seem more than a mile or two apart.  May also help clear my head between breweries.  I just don't know if that area is conducive to walking, i.e. sidewalks.  Anyone know the area well?

I'm also trying to figure out which breweries would be the best to hit since I'm not sure I'd be able to get to them all.  I know I definitely want to go to Belching Beaver, but what about the following:

Iron Fist
  Barrel Harbor
  Booze Brothers
  Toolbox
  Latitude 33
  Aztec

Any help would be appreciated.  This will be my first-ever trip to CA...very excited!

Thanks.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline cascadesrunner

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Diego, CA
Re: Beer Trip in February
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »
If you wanted a walking tour, just North of Miramar is a great place to start.  You could start at Alesmith and work your way West to Ballast Point, Duck Foot, 32 North, St. Archer, Legacy and Rough Draft.  There are others close, but it is just whatever you feel like.  Green Flash and Pacific are also in the area among others.  Throw up a map on Google and you will see why this is a stellar area to ambulate in search of beer.
Run then beer.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Beer Trip in February
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 09:39:58 am »
We checked out Belching Beaver while we were in the area 1.5 years ago and enjoyed their brews. we were driving though, and also hit Port/Lost Abbey and Mother Earth. I believe before our trip, Lattitude and Booze brothers were both recommended but we did not make it there. i could not tell you how close the others were to each other, or if the walk would be safe though, no info on that front
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)