General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

DFH Squall IPA

(1/1)

glitterbug:
Bottle conditioned 90 minute IPA dry hopped with 6 different hops.

This had a nice hop flavor for such a big beer (9% abv). It was bitter without being harsh but overall it was a little too sweet for me so I probably won't buy again. The 60 minute is enough for me but extreme hops heads will probably love this.

bluesman:
I had this beer earlier this year and thought it had a nice hop aroma with some malt aroma. The hops mingled nicely in the flavor with a very slight and supporting maltiness. A medium to full mouthfeel as I would expect from DIPA. Overall I really enjoyed this beer and would buy it again. Kudos to DFH.

kylekohlmorgen:
Didn't really dig it... The "unfiltered" effect would probably be better appreciated fresh at the brew-pub... I think by the time it got to IN it lost a lot of freshness.

hokerer:

--- Quote from: glitterbug on June 17, 2010, 08:29:12 AM ---The 60 minute is enough for me but extreme hops heads will probably love this.

--- End quote ---

Never tried the Squall but I'm right there with you on the 60 vs 90 thing.  Their 60 is my favorite while the 90 (and more) seems just a little too syrupy sweet for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version