Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: International Shipping for NHC  (Read 1451 times)

Offline weiht

• Cellarman
International Shipping for NHC
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:32:43 pm »
Hi there,

I'm gonna ask a question which all international homebrewers may be facing some problems with. Any fellow homebrewer outside the USA/Canada have successfully shipped beer to the NHC?

I tried twice a couple of years ago and the courier service refused to ship any liquids. I just checked with DHL again, and they said it's only allowed if alcohol is shipped to a licensed importer of alcohols. It also makes a difference if you are sending it to a person or a company.. etc.

Appreciate any help as this will greatly benefit the international community who may not have many competitions in their countries, as well as the wealth of experience judges.

cheers
Don't take it personal, there will be people who dislike your beer!!

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: International Shipping for NHC
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:30:36 pm »
Hi there,

I'm gonna ask a question which all international homebrewers may be facing some problems with. Any fellow homebrewer outside the USA/Canada have successfully shipped beer to the NHC?

I tried twice a couple of years ago and the courier service refused to ship any liquids. I just checked with DHL again, and they said it's only allowed if alcohol is shipped to a licensed importer of alcohols. It also makes a difference if you are sending it to a person or a company.. etc.

Appreciate any help as this will greatly benefit the international community who may not have many competitions in their countries, as well as the wealth of experience judges.

cheers

From where exactly?
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline weiht

• Cellarman
Re: International Shipping for NHC
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »
Singapore.. Not in China by the way  ;D
Don't take it personal, there will be people who dislike your beer!!