Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Map of Los Angeles Breweries  (Read 1336 times)

Offline JayMiranda

• Cellarman
    • CaliforniaCastaway
Map of Los Angeles Breweries
« on: January 11, 2016, 03:50:35 am »
I wanna start a nano/micro brewery map of Los Angeles. So many have popped up this last year. This month I've only visited Figeuroa Mountain Brewing Co. in AGOURA HILLS. anyone have any suggestions
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:57:21 am by JayMiranda »
JayMiranda
CaliforniaCastaway

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Map of Los Angeles Breweries
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 07:40:29 am »
You could try BeerMapping or get the list off BeerAdvocate or RateBeer and pump into a Google Map. Things are happening so fast it is difficult to keep up unless a site had input and the rating sites have more immediate input than anywhere else.

Take NC for instance, we certainly have over 141 permitted breweries, but if you include the temporary permits we are at 180+. Most sites list us at 120 give or take. I update the Southern Brew News map info for NC, but even there we don't list multiple locations in the same city and often we are several months behind on map updates.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:24:04 am »
With LA you also need to think about how far out from LA proper you want to include in the map. Plenty of breweries in the inland empire and orange county already established or on their way to it.

You could probably load up your map pretty quickly just starting with Torrence. Plus, how can you not want to root for Phantom Carriage's success?
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:30 am »
Not a map and not even close to complete, but there's this list I track

http://www.maltosefalcons.com/tech/growler-fills-los-angeles-area
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline JayMiranda

• Cellarman
    • CaliforniaCastaway
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:28:01 am »
With LA you also need to think about how far out from LA proper you want to include in the map. Plenty of breweries in the inland empire and orange county already established or on their way to it.

You could probably load up your map pretty quickly just starting with Torrence. Plus, how can you not want to root for Phantom Carriage's success?
Well first I wanna start around my area so the whole SFV and just fan out all through out the county.
JayMiranda
CaliforniaCastaway

Offline JayMiranda

• Cellarman
    • CaliforniaCastaway
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:41:06 am »

Well first I wanna start around my area so the whole SFV and just fan out all through out the county.

Thanks guys I'm gonna start today by using Google maps.
JayMiranda
CaliforniaCastaway