Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The Pub?  (Read 5142 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: The Pub?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 09:40:04 am »
Wow, I didn't even know you existed and had that power, so you must be someone important. Do you have a boss who can take the whole forum down? ;)

Yes he does.  So don't piss him off otherwise he'll shutdown the forum and bring TechTalk back  :o

I did read the first post that came through and I think Matt made the right decision.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 10:31:04 am »
That is some hardcore hostility.

He just didn't like stir plates.  :(

More likely he worked for a stir plate manufacturer, and the 'shaken not stirred' method was cutting into his revenue, so he launched a vendetta against Mark.

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 10:34:32 am »
A place for discussion of not strictly beer related topics. Please keep it civil and no discussion of race, religion, or politics.

So why the deletion/removal of posts and threads that fall under that category?

Because there are enough emotional (bordering on religious) views in the homebrewing community without bringing even more potential for drama into it?

Offline wmbolling

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:54 am »
Wow, I didn't even know you existed and had that power, so you must be someone important. Do you have a boss who can take the whole forum down? ;)

Yes he does.  So don't piss him off otherwise he'll shutdown the forum and bring TechTalk back  :o

I did read the first post that came through and I think Matt made the right decision.

Yes, we do have a boss that can bring the whole forum down.

He is the leader and most powerful of the turtle-like Koopa race; whose ultimate goal is to kidnap and marry Princess Peach, defeat Mario, and conquer the fictional Mushroom Kingdom.
Matt Bolling

Offline cascadesrunner

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Diego, CA
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 11:22:23 am »
I didn't catch that one and I'm glad I didn't.  I'm happy to take some ribbing or honest critiques, but what happened to 'S. Cerevisiae' went way to far.  I saw his follow up post and assumed he was outed on another forum.  While I'm disappointed it happened here I am glad it wasn't a regular of our "like minded group."  "Suspended" gives me hope he will be back, but until then who the h*ll is going to be our yeast guy?

Run then beer.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 11:34:57 am »
I admit I was shocked when I read that thread yesterday and noticed it was gone this morning. 

I'm just happy it wasn't my joke about my secret identity being a certain high ranking government official that sent it over the edge.   ::)  I left the house muttering to myself about how "I knew impersonating the POTUS would come back to haunt me".   8)

Thanks for clearing up why the thread disappeared.  I appreciate the upfront and clear policies of this forum.  Keep up the good work!

Paul

Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

RPIScotty

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 11:55:23 am »
I take it the "To our friend in Europe" post was pulled too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 11:56:39 am »

Yes, we do have a boss that can bring the whole forum down.

He is the leader and most powerful of the turtle-like Koopa race; whose ultimate goal is to kidnap and marry Princess Peach, defeat Mario, and conquer the fictional Mushroom Kingdom.
Well played. I must say, Matt, if you replace that chalice of beer with a cat your picture does have a certain Dark Overlord quality to it. Actually I don't think you even need to make that change. ;)
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 12:04:56 pm »
For the record the only person that was ever banned from this forum - besides spammers - was a guy who was a genuine TROLL and that was after repeated requests to stop trolling. None of the mods or admins here enjoy banning people or locking threads or waking up on Sunday morning to spend time deleating the SPAM. It is actually work to moderate a forum. Not that it is back breaking work but it does take time out of ones day. I really appreciate it that 99.9% of this forum is super easy to moderate. But there are times when it becomes a bity of a chore. But I can assure you there is no power tripping or itchy trigger fingers among thde mods and admins here.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:21 pm »

I pulled it this morning. I had repeatedly warned people to keep it civil and non political but my warnings were ignored. I didn't make the rules, I just follow them. No politics or religion.

And BTW I had a "reported post" in my inbox this morning from a user about that thread.

RPIScotty

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:23 pm »

I pulled it this morning. I had repeatedly warned people to keep it civil and non political but my warnings were ignored. I didn't make the rules, I just follow them. No politics or religion.

And BTW I had a "reported post" in my inbox this morning from a user about that thread.

I was just curious. I was of the opinion that it might become a spillover from the unrelated thread about Mark's departure when I saw it come alive again yesterday. Had the feeling it would be trouble.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 12:25:34 pm »
Yup.  The dude who brought it back alive is the same dude started this thread and has only one post that hasn't wound up on a deleted thread.

Just saying.

I've been trying to avoid posting here, but someone is having us on.  Or is attempting to do so.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

RPIScotty

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 12:29:44 pm »

Yup.  The dude who brought it back alive is the same dude started this thread and has only one post that hasn't wound up on a deleted thread.

Just saying.

I've been trying to avoid posting here, but someone is having us on.  Or is attempting to do so.

My thoughts exactly Joe.

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 12:33:18 pm »
Tom Schmidlin - Yeast Guy!!!!
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 01:38:05 pm »
Tom Schmidlin - Yeast Guy!!!!

I know I am busier than him. He has time to post here. I'll text him and shame him today.