Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Nfl,playoffs  (Read 7453 times)

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
Re: Nfl,playoffs
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 07:36:25 pm »
I'm tired of this "Manning's last chance" BS. Their defense got them to this point and won the game for them tonight. He's just an old man along for the ride.
Seriously. I almost turned off NFL Gameday Morning with all the yappin about it. Denver's defense showed up and won the game.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »
As much as I wanted Carolina to win, this is just getting sad. That last pick was just mean.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2016, 06:07:02 am »
Yeah I like the guy but manning should have sat down couple years back after injury.

Carson Palmer had a rough night- it was as if the panthers got the play call and knew how to line up....brutal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2016, 06:56:14 am »
If the Pats had an offensive line that could block, they would have run away with this season.  Denver defense definitely stepped up and the Pats gave them a game.  The Broncos are lucky to have a corner that stays healthy in the playoffs.  That punk Talib always got hurt in NE at the worst time.

Sad to say I think my namesake Jerod Mayo may be done as a Patriot.  After going on IR for the 1000th year in a row, he is due a $4 mil roster bonus this spring, which I doubt they will allow.  At least I'll be able to get a jersey cheap at the Pro Shop.

I'll be rooting for the Panthers in two weeks, but not sure I'll watch the game.  Extreme Beerfest is that weekend so I'll probably be sleeping off a huge hangover!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

narvin

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 07:03:57 am »
I'm tired of this "Manning's last chance" BS. Their defense got them to this point and won the game for them tonight. He's just an old man along for the ride.
Seriously. I almost turned off NFL Gameday Morning with all the yappin about it. Denver's defense showed up and won the game.

He still looked a lot better than Carson Palmer  :D

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 07:18:52 am »
Hats off to the Patriots. Without that missed extra point they probably would have won. No surprise and nothing new, they made the Broncos offense look pretty bad in the second half. The defense did to Brady what I simply didn't think they could do. Manning continues to miss on wide open receivers which kills me.

I am not sure if I can take another Superbowl blowout so hopefully the defense can continue to keep the team in the game...
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2016, 07:33:01 am »
Hats off to the Patriots. Without that missed extra point they probably would have won. No surprise and nothing new, they made the Broncos offense look pretty bad in the second half. The defense did to Brady what I simply didn't think they could do. Manning continues to miss on wide open receivers which kills me.

I am not sure if I can take another Superbowl blowout so hopefully the defense can continue to keep the team in the game...

could be a big mismatch Superbowl bust.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:25 am »
He still looked a lot better than Carson Palmer  :D

Yeah  ;D   He could've put the game away if he hadn't kept missing the open guys, a couple of them in the end zone. Better than Palmer, though.
Jon H.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2016, 07:46:07 am »
Oh and let's not forget Tablet-Gate.  Suspicious that the Denver tablets were working and the Patriots one's weren't.  Fine Denver $1 mil, take away their first round draft pick and put them thru hell for the next 8 months!  Of course there's no proof the Denver had anything to do with the tablets/network going down, but what does that matter? :)

(I'm joking of course)
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2016, 07:53:50 am »

could be a big mismatch Superbowl bust.

Could be. The New England game was supposed to be too. The Broncos probably don't have enough offense to get it done against the Panthers but ya never know...
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline Stevie

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2016, 08:27:49 am »

Oh and let's not forget Tablet-Gate.  Suspicious that the Denver tablets were working and the Patriots one's weren't.  Fine Denver $1 mil, take away their first round draft pick and put them thru hell for the next 8 months!  Of course there's no proof the Denver had anything to do with the tablets/network going down, but what does that matter? :)

(I'm joking of course)
I love how they hammer the sponsorship in there.

"We just received word that the Microsoft Surface Tablets on the New England side are not working. NFL officials are working to resolve the issue with the Microsoft Surface tablets. The Broncos have said that they are having no issues with their Microsoft Surface Tablets. If New England's Microsoft Surface Tablets do not become functional, the Broncos will be allowed to continue using their Microsoft Surface Tablets."

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2016, 08:48:51 am »
So Denver was able to Google "how to win a football game" and NE couldn't?  That is unfair!

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2016, 08:51:27 am »
Come to find out the tablets weren't the issue, but it was the network.  But Microsoft gets all the blame!
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline Stevie

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2016, 09:00:45 am »

Come to find out the tablets weren't the issue, but it was the network.  But Microsoft gets all the blame!
That is because of the sponsorship requirements. They could have just said tablet, but they said Microsoft Surface a billion and one times.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2016, 09:48:01 am »
As a Jets fan I loved seeing a rival go down in flames. I especially appreciated seeing Gronkowski crying because the refs wouldn't give him a flag. I'm beyond tired of seeing NE whine for flags every time a play doesn't go their way.

The Super Bowl could be a good one. Both teams have solid defenses which means it will be up to putting points on the board to win. It will be interesting to see Carolina have to adjust to that defense. If Denver's offense is a bad as it was in the second half of yesterday's game it will turn into a boring game so I'm hopeful Manning come ready to play.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing